Sensor Interfacing Engineer - Camera
Software Engineering – Cross-functional
We are AID GmbH:
AID-Autonomous Intelligent Driving is bringing together the world’s top software, roboticists and AI talent to ignite a human centered revolution in autonomous driving. By understanding the human challenges as well as the engineering ones, the technology we are testing today on the streets of Munich will become the backbone of a universal self-driving system – capable of improving life in urban environments for billions of people. With the agility of a start-up and the support of Audi (VW Group), AID is free to craft an autonomous world that works for everyone – from manufacturers to passengers to city planners to pedestrians. For us, the future isn’t about merely making vehicles more autonomous, it’s about making people more autonomous.
About the Role:
- Setting up the video pipeline from camera output to memory which includes:
- Design and implement the sensor integration software layer
- Be partly responsible together with sensor experts for the initial bring-up of sensor devices on prototype hardware
- Drive the overall sensor software integration activities from hardware and networking infrastructure
- Support the design and optimization of the software system layout, partitioning and deployment concept
- Perform overall system performance tests, low level software profiling and optimization
- Design and implement the core system and integration test framework for the sensor software infrastructure
- Implement required technology and infrastructure for streamlined system integration and end-to-end testing
- Support the evolution of our corporate software engineering infrastructure
- programming of the driver for the camera and all other included devices
- low level programming of interface devices (e.g. serializer, desiralizer, Ethernet phy, etc.)
- support to tune ISP parameters
- implement back channel communication and safety features
- synchronization of multiple camera streams
- Strong experience in low level interface programming close to hardware, preferably camera interfaces (e.g. MIPI CSI2, etc.)
- Good knowledge in video pipelines (camera, ISP, memory)
- Knowledge of real-time embedded systems architectures, operating systems and middleware layers
- Advanced experience with media streaming frameworks
- Technical understanding of buffer management and bandwidth considerations with high data streams
- Hands-on experience in testing, performance profiling and quality measuring
- Basic programming skills in C/C++ (11/14)
- Experience in system programming on POSIX platforms, in-depth knowledge about Linux is an advantage
Life at AID GmbH:
Our state-of-the-art offices are in the heart of beautiful Munich. We’re an agile, creative and dynamic start-up with people, innovation and teamwork at the core of our values. We reward our employees with excellent salary and benefits packages including, on-site language courses, mobile phone, subsidized lunches in the company bistro, subsidized gym membership, social events, BBQ’s and much more.
We value diversity and as an equal opportunities employer we encourage applications from all suitably qualified individuals. AID is a multicultural organization with employees from over 40 different countries, as such we provide visa and relocation support to all new employees. As an organization our primary business language is English, so where possible please provide a copy of your resume in English.
What are you waiting for? Help us to build the future.