Security Architect – Hardware & Embedded Systems
IT & Security – Security
We are AID GmbH:
AID-Autonomous Intelligent Driving is bringing together the world’s top software, roboticists and AI talent to ignite a human centered revolution in autonomous driving. By understanding the human challenges as well as the engineering ones, the technology we are testing today on the streets of Munich will become the backbone of a universal self-driving system – capable of improving life in urban environments for billions of people. With the agility of a start-up and the support of Audi (VW Group), AID is free to craft an autonomous world that works for everyone – from manufacturers to passengers to city planners to pedestrians. For us, the future isn’t about merely making vehicles more autonomous, it’s about making people more autonomous.
Security is of paramount importance to the development and testing of AID’s self driving system (SDS). It enables engineers to rapidly iterate the subtle consequences of any change to the SDS. In this Autonomous Vehicle (AV) Hardware & Embedded Systems Security Engineering role, you will help ensure the highest level of security of AID’s autonomous vehicles hardware systems by providing hands on interaction and security perspective for networks, devices, and critical source code. You are expected to be the definitive voice in the room when it comes to actual implementation of the hardware designs in a secure manner.
- Provide security expertise for high scale hardware and vehicle infrastructure projects
- Directly represent the security team when it comes to hardware architecture and design decisions
- Perform hands on security threat modeling, risk assessment, and operational security analysis
- Drive improvements in all aspects of security, including hardware design and human procedures
- Design, implement, deploy and maintain security architectures and countermeasures to protect AID’s self driving system
- Work with relevant hardware security companies in order to define strong security concepts and get them verified
- Demonstrate sound judgement, integrity, business acumen, and communications skills
- BS/MS/PhD degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering or similar technical degree, or equivalent practical experience
- Minimum 6 to 8 years experience in computer hardware and embedded systems
- Deep knowledge of hardware security (UEFI, Secure Boot, TPM, SGX, bus and memory protection)
- Experience designing for relevant security standards (NIST, FIPS, TCG)
- Firmware/driver development (microcode, early boot environment)
- Comprehensive understanding of embedded C, C++, Linux drivers/Kernel operations
- Working knowledge of protocols (SSH, TLS, DNS)
- Experience with Linux and hypervisor security
- Security architecture and risk mitigation for enterprise networks or vehicle hardware infrastructure
- Demonstrated understanding of applied cryptography and protocols (encryption, signing, certificates)
- Track record of handling complex project delivery and managing tough stakeholders
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills and ability to drive consensus
Life at AID GmbH:
Our state-of-the-art offices are in the heart of beautiful Munich. We’re an agile, creative and dynamic start-up with people, innovation and teamwork at the core of our values. We reward our employees with excellent salary and benefits packages including, on-site language courses, mobile phone, subsidized lunches in the company bistro, subsidized gym membership, social events, BBQ’s and much more.
We value diversity and as an equal opportunities employer we encourage applications from all suitably qualified individuals. AID is a multicultural organization with employees from over 40 different countries, as such we provide visa and relocation support to all new employees. As an organization our primary business language is English, so where possible please provide a copy of your resume in English.
What are you waiting for? Help us to build the future.