Head of Product
Strategy & Business Development – Strategy & Business Development
We are AID GmbH:
AID-Autonomous Intelligent Driving is bringing together the world’s top software, roboticists and AI talent to ignite a human centered revolution in autonomous driving. By understanding the human challenges as well as the engineering ones, the technology we are testing today on the streets of Munich will become the backbone of a universal self-driving system – capable of improving life in urban environments for billions of people. With the agility of a start-up and the support of Audi (VW Group), AID is free to craft an autonomous world that works for everyone – from manufacturers to passengers to city planners to pedestrians. For us, the future isn’t about merely making vehicles more autonomous, it’s about making people more autonomous.
We are continuously seeking to understand the needs of our users and the opportunities of technology to make sure we build the best product. From self-driving behavior to user interfaces, we work to inspire the product vision and then make it a reality.
We are looking for a dynamic new member of our leadership team who will play a pivotal role in the future of our company. Our Head of Product will be responsible for the product vision and development of our self-driving system.
You will lead and manage our product team providing the overall vision for the product roadmap collaborating with engineering, partnerships & operations, finance, marketing, and others.
- Champion the AID product vision, strategy, and roadmap whilst also driving planning, prioritization, and execution
- Ensure that the entire company understands the vision and direction for the product
- Craft and prioritize a long-term and short-term strategy plan for the company, present it quarterly to the organization inviting for feedback
- Driving execution against the strategy by optimizing velocity, risks and learnings for the short and long-term success of AID
- Accelerate time to impact on new technologies through experimentation, prototyping, and strong execution
- Drive innovative ideas, solutions and products through leadership and decisive action
- Build, manage and grow a team of great product owners and product manager
- Responsible for the company’s profit and loss (creates more value or less costs)
- Responsible for managing customers’ expectations including the Volkswagen Group brands
- Identifying market and technology trends
- 15 years + of work experience in strategy, product management, or similar roles in the technology sector with demonstrated success in releasing products to the market
- Strong personality, leadership skills and an entrepreneurial and solution-oriented character
- Experience in building and managing lean teams
- Excellent knowledge of - and experience with - agile product development frameworks
- Strategy and analytical skills. Ability to obtain and analyze large quantities of information turning them into a well-considered and compelling product vision (including business plan).
- Excellent at problem stating and problem solving turning ambiguous challenges into innovative solutions
- Adaptable and thriving in ambiguity. Goal setting mindset and effectively delivering against them in a fast paced and ever-changing environment.
- Strong communication skills
- Passionate about autonomous driving technology and its potential to improve the world
- Experience as a founder or co-founder of a product company and demonstrated success in releasing products to the market
- Work experience in autonomous vehicles, mobility services, machine learning, robotic path planning or human robot interaction
Life at AID GmbH:
Our state-of-the-art offices are in the heart of beautiful Munich. We’re an agile, creative and dynamic start-up with people, innovation and teamwork at the core of our values. We reward our employees with excellent salary and benefits packages including, on-site language courses, mobile phone, subsidized lunches in the company bistro, subsidized gym membership, social events, BBQ’s and much more.
We value diversity and as an equal opportunities employer we encourage applications from all suitably qualified individuals. AID is a multicultural organization with employees from over 40 different countries, as such we provide visa and relocation support to all new employees. As an organization our primary business language is English, so where possible please provide a copy of your resume in English.
What are you waiting for? Help us to build the future.