Maps Engineer (GIS)
Software Engineering – Maps & Localization
We are AID GmbH:
AID-Autonomous Intelligent Driving is bringing together the world’s top software, roboticists and AI talent to ignite a human centered revolution in autonomous driving. By understanding the human challenges as well as the engineering ones, the technology we are testing today on the streets of Munich will become the backbone of a universal self-driving system – capable of improving life in urban environments for billions of people. With the agility of a start-up and the support of Audi (VW Group), AID is free to craft an autonomous world that works for everyone – from manufacturers to passengers to city planners to pedestrians. For us, the future isn’t about merely making vehicles more autonomous, it’s about making people more autonomous.
AID is looking for a hands-on and highly energized individual who wants to be part of our Map Subsystem team and work on the next generation of maps for self-driving cars. The candidate in this position will learn the ins and outs of how maps are used in self-driving cars and will have the opportunity to gradually extend his/her knowledge on our whole self-driving software stack
- Supporting our data collection team and map suppliers to create new Autonomous Driving Maps
- Working with GIS tools to edit, update, correct existing maps
- Working with GNSS and other surveying devices in the field to occasionally collect missing ground truth data
- Creating new map versions and releases, testing them in simulation and in the field
- Participation in discussions with the map consumer teams (driving functions, localization, prediction, simulation, …) about map related issues
- Preparing and maintaining map related documentation, reports, and presentations
Qualification and Experience requirements:
- Degree in Geo-Informatics, Surveying, Geography, Engineering, Computer Science or a comparable field
- Practical experiences in the field of using some of the most well-known GIS tools (e.g. QGIS) and working with GNSS devices
- Good knowledge of oral and written English
- Working knowledge of Linux AND Windows operating systems
- Familiarity with Python or other scripting language is a plus
- An independent, result-orientated work attitude
- Knowledge of standard Microsoft Office Programs, especially Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and analytical skills, and a high capability of working in a team
- A passion for mobility and innovative technology
Life at AID GmbH:
Our state-of-the-art offices are in the heart of beautiful Munich. We’re an agile, creative and dynamic start-up with people, innovation and teamwork at the core of our values. We reward our employees with excellent salary and benefits packages including, on-site language courses, mobile phone, subsidized lunches in the company bistro, subsidized gym membership, social events, BBQ’s and much more.
We value diversity and as an equal opportunities employer we encourage applications from all suitably qualified individuals. AID is a multicultural organization with employees from over 40 different countries, as such we provide visa and relocation support to all new employees. As an organization our primary business language is English, so where possible please provide a copy of your resume in English.
What are you waiting for? Help us to build the future.