Cloud Infrastructure Engineer - Cloud Services
Software Engineering – Cloud Infrastructure
We are AID GmbH:
AID-Autonomous Intelligent Driving is bringing together the world’s top software, roboticists and AI talent to ignite a human centered revolution in autonomous driving. By understanding the human challenges as well as the engineering ones, the technology we are testing today on the streets of Munich will become the backbone of a universal self-driving system – capable of improving life in urban environments for billions of people. With the agility of a start-up and the support of Audi (VW Group), AID is free to craft an autonomous world that works for everyone – from manufacturers to passengers to city planners to pedestrians. For us, the future isn’t about merely making vehicles more autonomous, it’s about making people more autonomous.
About the Team
Today we are living in an always on, always connected world. We will make sure our self-driving cars have a reliable cloud infrastructure enabling it to collect data, learn and update the vehicles. Also it can provide the autonomous vehicle fleet with relevant real time information like maps data or weather information. Our team empowers our fellow engineers with the hardware and OS software for training neural networks, running simulations and operating the fleet.
You'll be building reliable and scalable distributed systems - hardware and software - which process large volumes of data and/or provide low latency and high availability. In addition to storing and processing large volumes of data, you will build infrastructure to communicate between the car and the cloud real-time. You will be designing, implementing, and operating infrastructure components: on-premise, in a data center, and in the public cloud.
As an infrastructure engineer in the Cloud Services team, you will design and implement large scale software & hardware systems for use-cases such as:
- Near-realtime monitoring and management of a self-driving car fleet
- Management and processing of large volumes of data
- Data processing pipelines and support functionality for various use cases such as Machine Learning, Data Analysis, Regression Testing, Fleet Management, Release Management, Build/CI
- Remote control with real-time sensor data streaming
- Regression testing and simulation
- We're looking for software developers, DevOps engineers, and infrastructure experts of varying levels of experience ranging from fresh graduates to industry veterans:
- Degree in Computer Science or related field. Can be substituted by practical experience.
- Experience coding in a general purpose programming language such as Go, C++, Python, or other common languages.
- Expertise in one of the following fields: networking, server administration, configuration management, monitoring, site reliability.
- Interest to learn new tools, languages and automation technologies.
- Appreciation for industry best practices in software development around a DevOps & security mindset.
- Experience in designing, implementing, and operating large software & hardware systems.
- Experience with Kubernetes (orchestration), Ceph (software-defined storage), and public clouds (AWS, Azure, GCP) is a plus.
- Solid understanding of modern Linux-based operating systems and their resource allocation, network stack with IP routing, DNS, VLANs, switching topologies
Life at AID GmbH:
Our state-of-the-art offices are in the heart of beautiful Munich. We’re an agile, creative and dynamic start-up with people, innovation and teamwork at the core of our values. We reward our employees with excellent salary and benefits packages including, on-site language courses, mobile phone, subsidized lunches in the company bistro, subsidized gym membership, social events, BBQ’s and much more.
We value diversity and as an equal opportunities employer we encourage applications from all suitably qualified individuals. AID is a multicultural organization with employees from over 40 different countries, as such we provide visa and relocation support to all new employees. As an organization our primary business language is English, so where possible please provide a copy of your resume in English.
What are you waiting for? Help us to build the future.