Software Engineer, Verification & Validation
Software Engineering – Test & Verification
We are AID GmbH:
AID-Autonomous Intelligent Driving is bringing together the world’s top software, roboticists and AI talent to ignite a human centered revolution in autonomous driving. By understanding the human challenges as well as the engineering ones, the technology we are testing today on the streets of Munich will become the backbone of a universal self-driving system – capable of improving life in urban environments for billions of people. With the agility of a start-up and the support of Audi (VW Group), AID is free to craft an autonomous world that works for everyone – from manufacturers to passengers to city planners to pedestrians. For us, the future isn’t about merely making vehicles more autonomous, it’s about making people more autonomous.
The Verification and Validation Infrastructure team is creating world class infrastructure and business logic that enables our Continuous Integration system and all engineering & validation teams to specify, trigger and route test jobs through all validation and verification process steps. This involves running thousands of tests per day through infrastructure such as massive scale simulation in the cloud, real-time test coverage on HIL systems, plus formatting and posting instructions to the physical proving ground team for execution in the real car. It also involves fetching, sorting and presenting all generated data in a single repository, and building tools and methods to automatically propose failure root causes and issue prioritization. This means creating a system that is scalable, intuitive and highly automated. We want a system that makes it easy to do the right thing, and conversely prevents people from breaking stuff. To succeed we are building a pipeline that collects builds, spawns simulations, runs tests and deploys to real cars, automatically, every day, many times per day.
As a Software Engineer in our V&V Infra team, you will work on projects critical to our needs with opportunities across a range of teams and projects as both you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile and enthusiastic so they can take on new problems across the full product stack as we continue to push technology forward. Consequently, we're looking for people who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, real-time systems, distributed computing, cloud system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence and more.
In keeping with AID's tradition of pushing the boundaries of cutting edge technology, we propose using the D programming language for the implementation of our V&V Infrastructure and business logic. If you are a experienced, senior developer who is interested in implementing complex and large scale infrastructure using D, please contact us!
- Design and implement our massive scalable cloud-based verification and validation infrastructure
- Maintain and monitor the infrastructure and forward issues as required to support teams who maintain the underlying services
- Implement the APIs and trace/debug ports needed to enable specification of test logic, scenario descriptions (according to existing industry and proprietary formats)
- Define and implement the data scheme required to drive the daily operational decision making at AID with a focus on QA relevant topics
- Work closely with the cloud and engineering process teams to seamlessly incorporate V&V workflows into the CI/CD pipeline and transport infrastructure
- Implement monitoring system for the massively distributed V&V daily execution that allows extracting various KPIs and identifying bottlenecks
- Work very closely with the simulation and scenarios teams to enable efficient execution of all frameworks within the scope of the Release Management timeline
- Build the infrastructure that enables the Systems Engineering and Safety teams to reason about our products conformance to formal requirements
- Implement tooling for specifying, triggering and collecting V&V jobs into our developer’s desktops and into the CI/CD pipeline
- Act as mentors for the organization, developing and enforcing best practices in code style and safe programming
- BA/BS (preferred: M.Sc) degree in Computer Science or similar technical degree, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience with D or C++ and general purpose programming languages including but not limited to: Java, Python or Go with an interest and ability to learn other languages as needed
- Detailed knowledge of and experience with OO patterns and testable designs
- A passion to discover the simplest possible architecture that will make V&V in general a breeze at AID
- A passion to continuously understand the operational process and therefore the heartbeat of a complex software company such as AID, and to build and optimize the tooling and infrastructure required to realize the ideal solution for the company
- Experience working with Orchestration of MicroServices on public clouds (AWS, Azure, GCP) is a plus
- Knowledge of modern DevOps practices and tools would be beneficial
- Experience working with two or more from the following: real-time systems, cloud application development, Unix/Linux environments, embedded development, distributed and parallel systems, machine learning, information retrieval, networking, developing large software systems, and/or security software development, web frontends and backends.
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently and idiomatically
Life at AID GmbH:
Our state-of-the-art offices are in the heart of beautiful Munich. We’re an agile, creative and dynamic start-up with people, innovation and teamwork at the core of our values. We reward our employees with excellent salary and benefits packages including, on-site language courses, mobile phone, subsidized lunches in the company bistro, subsidized gym membership, social events, BBQ’s and much more.
We value diversity and as an equal opportunities employer we encourage applications from all suitably qualified individuals. AID is a multicultural organization with employees from over 40 different countries, as such we provide visa and relocation support to all new employees. As an organization our primary business language is English, so where possible please provide a copy of your resume in English.
What are you waiting for? Help us to build the future.