Systems Software Architect
Software Engineering – System Architecture
We are AID GmbH:
AID-Autonomous Intelligent Driving is bringing together the world’s top software, roboticists and AI talent to ignite a human centered revolution in autonomous driving. By understanding the human challenges as well as the engineering ones, the technology we are testing today on the streets of Munich will become the backbone of a universal self-driving system – capable of improving life in urban environments for billions of people. With the agility of a start-up and the support of Audi (VW Group), AID is free to craft an autonomous world that works for everyone – from manufacturers to passengers to city planners to pedestrians. For us, the future isn’t about merely making vehicles more autonomous, it’s about making people more autonomous.
The System Architecture team coordinates the technical design activity of different teams making sure that our product is coherent, well designed, optimized and documented at the system level.
- Work with the component teams to make the system level technical designs emerge and to address architecture issues
- Based on the target architecture, align the teams technical roadmaps and work with the Product Owners to slice its implementation in a way that maximizes value creation for the company
- Identify missing tools, infrastructure and processes that would make development more efficient and work with Product Owners to get them properly prioritized
- Ensure proper documentation of current architecture and rationales and design choices, which is required for a safety critical system
- Work closely with domain experts (in Engineering Disciplines, Functional Safety, Security, Product Management and Verification)
- A great listener, you are able to connect with the teams, create relationships and build trust
- To avoid becoming an Ivory Tower Architect, you understand that a lot of knowledge is available in the teams and you know when to refrain from voicing your opinion in order to get to a solution that engineers buy in
- Your strong technical breadth and experience in Autonomous Driving software or a field critical for it will allow you to get respected in your role
- You are organized and have great verbal, written and visual communication skills
- In particular, you know how to create large documentation that is useful, easy to understand and stays up-to-date
- MS or PhD in Computer Science, Robotics, Machine Learning or other related technical field
- Ability to pursue information (“self-starter”) with excellent written and oral communication skills in English and the ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- Python or C++ programming experience
Life at AID GmbH:
Our state-of-the-art offices are in the heart of beautiful Munich. We’re an agile, creative and dynamic start-up with people, innovation and teamwork at the core of our values. We reward our employees with excellent salary and benefits packages including, on-site language courses, mobile phone, subsidized lunches in the company bistro, subsidized gym membership, social events, BBQ’s and much more.
We value diversity and as an equal opportunities employer we encourage applications from all suitably qualified individuals. AID is a multicultural organization with employees from over 40 different countries, as such we provide visa and relocation support to all new employees. As an organization our primary business language is English, so where possible please provide a copy of your resume in English.
What are you waiting for? Help us to build the future.