Software Engineer - Perception Testing
Software Engineering – Test & Verification
We are AID GmbH:
AID-Autonomous Intelligent Driving is bringing together the world’s top software, roboticists and AI talent to ignite a human centered revolution in autonomous driving. By understanding the human challenges as well as the engineering ones, the technology we are testing today on the streets of Munich will become the backbone of a universal self-driving system – capable of improving life in urban environments for billions of people. With the agility of a start-up and the support of Audi (VW Group), AID is free to craft an autonomous world that works for everyone – from manufacturers to passengers to city planners to pedestrians. For us, the future isn’t about merely making vehicles more autonomous, it’s about making people more autonomous.
You will work in a team of passionate software engineers ensuring the quality and functionality of our perception stack. You will help us to answer the questions on functionality, interpretability and explainability of our AI/ML algorithms. The team is responsible for building and executing test plans and test automation tools, which quickly deliver valuable results and feedback to the development teams. Using data-driven test results from multiple validation and verification environments, the team determines the performance of our product.
About the Role:
- Guidance and creation of test strategies, test plans and test methodologies for perception testing.
- Specification and implementation of test harness enabling testing the overall system and the perception and computer vision capabilities.
- Designing data collections for testing the machine learning algorithms of our perception stack.
- Specification and execution of tests, analysis of test results, creation of test reports and accompanying documentation.
- Contribution to our test specification, simulation, test automation and evaluation tooling capabilities.
- Work together with our perception team to understand and prioritize test requirements and help to drive toward a product that meets all technical, business and customer expectations.
- Extended knowledge of modern software testing techniques (e.g. Test Driven Design, Behavior Driven Design, etc.).
- Experience with verification/validation of complex systems; ideally in a multi-agent environment.
- An overview of machine learning algorithms and the ability to apply them appropriately, especially in the context of computer vision and perception.
- Experience with Python including familiarity with Matplotlib, NumPy, pandas, scikit-learn, and TensorFlow libraries.
- Strong analytical skills, the ability to narrow down complex problems as well as troubleshooting and debugging skills.
- Strong supporting behavior and communication skills.
- Experience in development projects in the automotive industry, as well as testing of Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS), is a plus.
Life at AID GmbH:
Our state-of-the-art offices are in the heart of beautiful Munich. We’re an agile, creative and dynamic start-up with people, innovation and teamwork at the core of our values. We reward our employees with excellent salary and benefits packages including, on-site language courses, mobile phone, subsidized lunches in the company bistro, subsidized gym membership, social events, BBQ’s and much more.
We value diversity and as an equal opportunities employer we encourage applications from all suitably qualified individuals. AID is a multicultural organization with employees from over 40 different countries, as such we provide visa and relocation support to all new employees. As an organization our primary business language is English, so where possible please provide a copy of your resume in English.
What are you waiting for? Help us to build the future.