Security Engineer - Detect & Respond
IT & Security – Security
We are AID GmbH:
AID-Autonomous Intelligent Driving is bringing together the world’s top software, roboticists and AI talent to ignite a human centered revolution in autonomous driving. By understanding the human challenges as well as the engineering ones, the technology we are testing today on the streets of Munich will become the backbone of a universal self-driving system – capable of improving life in urban environments for billions of people. With the agility of a start-up and the support of Audi (VW Group), AID is free to craft an autonomous world that works for everyone – from manufacturers to passengers to city planners to pedestrians. For us, the future isn’t about merely making vehicles more autonomous, it’s about making people more autonomous.
AID is looking for an expert security engineer to advance AID’s detection, response, and threat hunting capabilities. If you are passionate about being part of a blue team this is the right opportunity for you. Your work will entail responding to threats, building advanced and novel detection mechanisms, performing enterprise hunts for sophisticate and previously unknown malware, and developing systems to automate remediation. We are looking for people that love hunting for malware and intrusions and then developing new signatures or methodologies to track their activity.
- Deploy and/or build software to enable new detection capabilities
- Build systems or frameworks to reliably facilitate detection of anomalous events in the large scale cloud, networks, host environment
- Analyze latest attack patterns and techniques and apply solutions to detect them quickly
- Reverse engineer complex malware strains to deduce exploitation of endpoints
- Conduct research on attacker profiles and infrastructure to better predict and prevent future attacks
- Proactively identify malicious activity by analyzing logs, packets, and alerts for signs of malicious activity
- Support incident response by investigating security intrusions
- Drive implementation of countermeasures, mitigations and containment
- Threat intelligence to investigate potential risks
- 8+ years of incident detection, response and forensics across Unix and Windows Oss
- Programming experience in Python, GO, Scala or other scripting languages
- Solid experience querying large datasets
- In-depth experience with OSQUERY, Carbon Black, Crowdstrike, Bro, Suricata, etc.
- Broad knowledge of host, memory, network forensics
- BS/MS/PhD degree in Computer Science or similar technical degree, or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of experience in network security
- 5+ years of experience working in security operations center
- Working knowledge of security in the public cloud
Life at AID GmbH:
Our state-of-the-art offices are in the heart of beautiful Munich. We’re an agile, creative and dynamic start-up with people, innovation and teamwork at the core of our values. We reward our employees with excellent salary and benefits packages including, on-site language courses, mobile phone, subsidized lunches in the company bistro, subsidized gym membership, social events, BBQ’s and much more.
We value diversity and as an equal opportunities employer we encourage applications from all suitably qualified individuals. AID is a multicultural organization with employees from over 40 different countries, as such we provide visa and relocation support to all new employees. As an organization our primary business language is English, so where possible please provide a copy of your resume in English.
What are you waiting for? Help us to build the future.