Automotive Electrical Systems Engineer - Hardware
Hardware Engineering – Vehicle Engineering
We are AID GmbH:
AID-Autonomous Intelligent Driving is bringing together the world’s top software, roboticists and AI talent to ignite a human centered revolution in autonomous driving. By understanding the human challenges as well as the engineering ones, the technology we are testing today on the streets of Munich will become the backbone of a universal self-driving system – capable of improving life in urban environments for billions of people. With the agility of a start-up and the support of Audi (VW Group), AID is free to craft an autonomous world that works for everyone – from manufacturers to passengers to city planners to pedestrians. For us, the future isn’t about merely making vehicles more autonomous, it’s about making people more autonomous.
- Develop and maintain the electrical sensor and compute system as well as the software configuration for prototype vehicles.
- Build diagnostic software tools and automated dashboards to accelerate troubleshooting
- Educate other engineers on typical failure modes, how to diagnose them and how to fix them
- Design, analyze and optimize communication networks such as Ethernet, CAN, FlexRay, etc.
- Test and calibrate the sensor system
- Basic Programming of manipulators and gateways in programming languages such as Python or C++.
- Help to drive the design of the next generations prototype vehicles
- You'll have a good Automotive background and be familiar with functional and electrical automotive architectures
- Strong System understanding – Hardware and Software.
- Experience in finding and managing automotive suppliers
- Electrical engineering background.
- Systems integration experience – utilization of reference boards, sensor firmware, drivers and ability to evaluate sensors.
- Hands on, self-motivated, driven team player, who is excited to work in a new automotive startup company
- Pragmatic and get things done attitude
Life at AID GmbH:
Our state-of-the-art offices are in the heart of beautiful Munich. We’re an agile, creative and dynamic start-up with people, innovation and teamwork at the core of our values. We reward our employees with excellent salary and benefits packages including, on-site language courses, mobile phone, subsidized lunches in the company bistro, subsidized gym membership, social events, BBQ’s and much more.
We value diversity and as an equal opportunities employer we encourage applications from all suitably qualified individuals. AID is a multicultural organization with employees from over 40 different countries, as such we provide visa and relocation support to all new employees. As an organization our primary business language is English, so where possible please provide a copy of your resume in English.
What are you waiting for? Help us to build the future.