Prototype Vehicle Safety Engineer
Product Management & Systems Engineering – Product Safety
We are AID GmbH:
AID-Autonomous Intelligent Driving is bringing together the world’s top software, roboticists and AI talent to ignite a human centered revolution in autonomous driving. By understanding the human challenges as well as the engineering ones, the technology we are testing today on the streets of Munich will become the backbone of a universal self-driving system – capable of improving life in urban environments for billions of people. With the agility of a start-up and the support of Audi (VW Group), AID is free to craft an autonomous world that works for everyone – from manufacturers to passengers to city planners to pedestrians. For us, the future isn’t about merely making vehicles more autonomous, it’s about making people more autonomous.
About the Role
- Take responsibility for the safety of our growing prototype vehicle fleet
- Develop the safety argument for the safety of new prototype vehicles for transfer and for closed loop automated test driving on public roads
- Interact with external assessment organizations for validation of our safety arguments, with our legal department, fleet management and our partners in Volkswagen Group
- Drive the internal approval and release process for our prototype vehicles to get prototype approval within AID and Volkswagen Group
- Specify and execute vehicle compliance tests and inspections
- Specify and execute vehicle specific safety driver trainings
- Keep track of road permits, driver trainings, and prototype vehicle hazard logs
- Master’s Degree or PhD in automotive engineering or equivalent field
- Work experience with the handling of prototype vehicles (in particular under §19 VI StVZO)
- Work experience in safety management
- Certification as quality auditor according ISO9001 of advantage
- Experience with vehicle homologation of advantage
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in German and English
Life at AID GmbH:
Our state-of-the-art offices are in the heart of beautiful Munich. We’re an agile, creative and dynamic start-up with people, innovation and teamwork at the core of our values. We reward our employees with excellent salary and benefits packages including, on-site language courses, mobile phone, subsidized lunches in the company bistro, subsidized gym membership, social events, BBQ’s and much more.
We value diversity and as an equal opportunities employer we encourage applications from all suitably qualified individuals. AID is a multicultural organization with employees from over 40 different countries, as such we provide visa and relocation support to all new employees. As an organization our primary business language is English, so where possible please provide a copy of your resume in English.
What are you waiting for? Help us to build the future.