Data Engineer - Machine Learning
Software Engineering – Perception & Prediction
We are AID GmbH:
AID-Autonomous Intelligent Driving is bringing together the world’s top software, roboticists and AI talent to ignite a human centered revolution in autonomous driving. By understanding the human challenges as well as the engineering ones, the technology we are testing today on the streets of Munich will become the backbone of a universal self-driving system – capable of improving life in urban environments for billions of people. With the agility of a start-up and the support of Audi (VW Group), AID is free to craft an autonomous world that works for everyone – from manufacturers to passengers to city planners to pedestrians. For us, the future isn’t about merely making vehicles more autonomous, it’s about making people more autonomous.
The task of data engineering is crucial in our data-driven company; managing our key resource and lifeblood for all consequent functional development. It not only entails the technical management of various raw sensor recordings – coming from cameras, LiDAR, RADAR, etc. – but also the intelligent design of pipelines and interfaces between internal teams as well as to external collaborators.
As one of our Data Engineers, you will design and implement functionality to curate and feed massive volumes of diverse data to an expanding organisation. You will be using modern tool-chains and creating targeted solutions for the self-driving car stack. Bringing creativity to the role will be paramount, as we constantly face unforeseen challenges.
- Designing and implementing data ingestion processing & machine learning workflows
- Building scalable and modular data pipelines on cloud-based infrastructure
- Being an active team member in making key decisions
- Performing code reviews, encouraging coherent and high-quality code
- Interfacing cloud-based storage and compute nodes
- Work closely with Machine Learning engineers and other company-wide data consumers
- Expert-level knowledge in Python and experience with the ML stack (NumPy, Pandas, Keras)
- Excellent knowledge & experience in data representation, data pipelines, databases & API design
- Experience with public cloud providers (AWS, Azure, Google) and knowledge of software defined storage systems (Ceph, GlusterFS)
- Familiarity with modern tools such as Spark, Kafka, Docker, Bazel, Continuous Integration
- Proficiency with Linux
- Experience in dealing with mixed-quality datasets and extracting the valuable parts
- Working knowledge of C++ is a big advantage
- Excellent communication skills in English
Life at AID GmbH:
Our state-of-the-art offices are in the heart of beautiful Munich. We’re an agile, creative and dynamic start-up with people, innovation and teamwork at the core of our values. We reward our employees with excellent salary and benefits packages including, on-site language courses, mobile phone, subsidized lunches in the company bistro, subsidized gym membership, social events, BBQ’s and much more.
We value diversity and as an equal opportunities employer we encourage applications from all suitably qualified individuals. AID is a multicultural organization with employees from over 40 different countries, as such we provide visa and relocation support to all new employees. As an organization our primary business language is English, so where possible please provide a copy of your resume in English.
What are you waiting for? Help us to build the future.