Machine Learning Engineer - Motion Planning
Software Engineering – Perception & Prediction
We are AID GmbH:
AID-Autonomous Intelligent Driving is bringing together the world’s top software, roboticists and AI talent to ignite a human centered revolution in autonomous driving. By understanding the human challenges as well as the engineering ones, the technology we are testing today on the streets of Munich will become the backbone of a universal self-driving system – capable of improving life in urban environments for billions of people. With the agility of a start-up and the support of Audi (VW Group), AID is free to craft an autonomous world that works for everyone – from manufacturers to passengers to city planners to pedestrians. For us, the future isn’t about merely making vehicles more autonomous, it’s about making people more autonomous.
Machine learning is a key technology in creating the self-driving car. Methods from the field of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning are used throughout the autonomous driving stack. Fields of application include the development of environmental perception, tracking, intention recognition, prediction of movement of other traffic participants, and several other key driving tasks.
AID’s machine learning team works with one or more domain teams to solve specific problems based on the unique knowledge and the data we gather from our development fleet.
This role specifically bridges the gap between our motion planning team and the machine learning team. With your experience in the both fields, you will help the team to enhance our planning approaches making use of state-of-the-art methods such as reinforcement learning, Inverse reinforcement learning and Imitation learning.
- Professional experience with motion and/or behavior planning algorithms for vehicles (or mobile robots)
- Developing, training, optimizing and evaluating machine learning models, including DNNs, applying them to problems from domains, especially the domain of motion and behaviour planning.
- Developing and utilizing KPI measurement frameworks for different machine learning algorithms to evaluate the performance
- Working closely with our data annotation and simulation teams, for example in order to help extending our active learning and auto-labeling pipelines
- Providing feedback on functional and safety requirements relevant to machine learning components
- Deploying your components on the backend and on the embedded platforms in order to drive your work to productization
- More than 5 years professional engineering experience using modern C++ (11/14) and/or Python
- Professional experience with machine learning or deep learning methods, for example using TensorFlow or similar frameworks.
- Experience with Linux
- Understanding of traffic participant intention recognition and movement prediction
- Understanding of software parallelization and hardware acceleration using GPUs, such as using CUDA
Life at AID GmbH:
Our state-of-the-art offices are in the heart of beautiful Munich. We’re an agile, creative and dynamic start-up with people, innovation and teamwork at the core of our values. We reward our employees with excellent salary and benefits packages including, on-site language courses, mobile phone, subsidized lunches in the company bistro, subsidized gym membership, social events, BBQ’s and much more.
We value diversity and as an equal opportunities employer we encourage applications from all suitably qualified individuals. AID is a multicultural organization with employees from over 40 different countries, as such we provide visa and relocation support to all new employees. As an organization our primary business language is English, so where possible please provide a copy of your resume in English.
What are you waiting for? Help us to build the future.