Software Engineer - Scene Interpretation & Behaviour Prediction
Software Engineering – Perception & Prediction
We are AID GmbH:
AID-Autonomous Intelligent Driving is bringing together the world’s top software, roboticists and AI talent to ignite a human centered revolution in autonomous driving. By understanding the human challenges as well as the engineering ones, the technology we are testing today on the streets of Munich will become the backbone of a universal self-driving system – capable of improving life in urban environments for billions of people. With the agility of a start-up and the support of Audi (VW Group), AID is free to craft an autonomous world that works for everyone – from manufacturers to passengers to city planners to pedestrians. For us, the future isn’t about merely making vehicles more autonomous, it’s about making people more autonomous.
We are looking for a Software Engineer who is passionate about designing and building systems that understand the current scene around our self-driving vehicle and predict how it will evolve in the future. You will develop and apply new technologies to detect intentions of other road users and to predict their future behavior. Working together with a creative team of people, you will enable our self-driving vehicle to make safe and comfortable driving decisions in complex urban environments.
- Develop and implement core algorithms for predicting the future behavior of other traffic participants in real time
- Design and build a safe system that copes with noisy and uncertain inputs
- Evaluate and verify the system's performance
- Collaborate with other teams on Perception, Planning, Maps, Systems Engineering, Software Platform, Cloud and Hardware topics
- MS or higher in computer science, robotics, machine learning, statistics, similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years of experience in one of the following domains including intention detection, behavior prediction or other related problems
- Familiarity with machine-learning principles
- Fluency in C++/Python including good software design skills
- Ability to collaborate within and across teams
- Experience with applying Machine Learning to solve time series problems
- Experience in probabilistic robotics
- Experience with building motion models for vehicles, pedestrian, cyclists or other road users
- Experience in working with safety-critical environments of the automotive, space and aviation, mobile robotics, or similar industry
Life at AID GmbH:
Our state-of-the-art offices are in the heart of beautiful Munich. We’re an agile, creative and dynamic start-up with people, innovation and teamwork at the core of our values. We reward our employees with excellent salary and benefits packages including, on-site language courses, mobile phone, subsidized lunches in the company bistro, subsidized gym membership, social events, BBQ’s and much more.
We value diversity and as an equal opportunities employer we encourage applications from all suitably qualified individuals. AID is a multicultural organization with employees from over 40 different countries, as such we provide visa and relocation support to all new employees. As an organization our primary business language is English, so where possible please provide a copy of your resume in English.
What are you waiting for? Help us to build the future.