System Integration Architect
Hardware Engineering – Vehicle Engineering
We are AID GmbH:
AID-Autonomous Intelligent Driving is bringing together the world’s top software, roboticists and AI talent to ignite a human centered revolution in autonomous driving. By understanding the human challenges as well as the engineering ones, the technology we are testing today on the streets of Munich will become the backbone of a universal self-driving system – capable of improving life in urban environments for billions of people. With the agility of a start-up and the support of Audi (VW Group), AID is free to craft an autonomous world that works for everyone – from manufacturers to passengers to city planners to pedestrians. For us, the future isn’t about merely making vehicles more autonomous, it’s about making people more autonomous.
About the Role:
- Defining the deployment architecture view of various software releases and validate that on high performance computing infrastructure
- Align closely with the Compute Platform Engineers for hardware & low-level software capabilities
- Interact with functional component teams and other teams like safety, architecture, systems engineering
- Work hands-on towards deployment & integration concepts
- Considering sensors, data interfaces, hardware/software architecture, vehicle architecture
- Identify bottlenecks and optimize overall system performance
- Documenting deployment architecture, and capturing non-functional requirements
- Background in electronics engineering or computer science
- Good understanding of computer/ECU architectures and hardware technologies like Microcontroller, CPUs, GPUs, ASICs
- Knowledge in software architecture & design and real-time systems
- Experience in minimum one scripting language (BASH, Perl, Python) and one compiled language (C, C++, Rust)
- Understanding of sensor interfaces (like GMSL), standard data interfaces (like Ethernet) and PCI Express
- Expertise to identify deployment criteria, resolve integration issues and graphical architecture modelling
- Ability to work independently & self-employed in an agile organization and act as a team-player
- Excellent communication skills
Life at AID GmbH:
Our state-of-the-art offices are in the heart of beautiful Munich. We’re an agile, creative and dynamic start-up with people, innovation and teamwork at the core of our values. We reward our employees with excellent salary and benefits packages including, on-site language courses, mobile phone, subsidized lunches in the company bistro, subsidized gym membership, social events, BBQ’s and much more.
We value diversity and as an equal opportunities employer we encourage applications from all suitably qualified individuals. AID is a multicultural organization with employees from over 40 different countries, as such we provide visa and relocation support to all new employees. As an organization our primary business language is English, so where possible please provide a copy of your resume in English.
What are you waiting for? Help us to build the future.