Software Engineering – Cross-functional
We are AID GmbH:
AID-Autonomous Intelligent Driving is bringing together the world’s top software, roboticists and AI talent to ignite a human centered revolution in autonomous driving. By understanding the human challenges as well as the engineering ones, the technology we are testing today on the streets of Munich will become the backbone of a universal self-driving system – capable of improving life in urban environments for billions of people. With the agility of a start-up and the support of Audi (VW Group), AID is free to craft an autonomous world that works for everyone – from manufacturers to passengers to city planners to pedestrians. For us, the future isn’t about merely making vehicles more autonomous, it’s about making people more autonomous.
In a fast-paced environment, efficient knowledge management and knowledge sharing is a key to success. As a technical writer, you will support our development teams in the creation of a wide range of technical and procedural documentation. Being a part of our engineering team, you will help to make sure information is structured well and thus easily accessible to new joiners, as well as senior staff.
About the Role:
- Structure and maintain business documentation in an overarching and fundamental manner.
- Implement and sustain best practice and state-of-the-art mechanism to facilitate a powerful knowledge management for our team (easy to access for new starters as well as senior staff).
- Support the teams in defining technical communications strategies, messages, and key deliverables.
- Understand and interpret technical information to structure and document it in an understandable way.
- Define and execute communication projects towards an agreed deadline. Collaborate with different authors across multiple development teams.
- Closely collaborate with different teams like functional dev. Teams, Product Safety and Legal in order be sensitized for different perspectives and requirements in regards of our business documentation
- Degree in communications, journalism, engineering or scientific area with overall 3+ years of relevant experience in technical communication.
- Additional training or on-the-job experience in law and or the field of technical regulation is desirable.
- Experience in collaborating with technical staff and senior management.
- Experience in communicating with a focus on technology or science with different audiences (e.g. developers, public authorities)
- Experience to write concisely and efficiently for a technical audience.
- Experience in working with legally and regulatory relevant language and documentation.
- Ability to prioritise work and manage deadlines.
- Team-oriented working style with the ability to manage documentation projects with larger teams efficiently.
- Familiar with knowledge management tools, esp. Atlassian Confluence
- Professional skills in English
Life at AID GmbH:
Our state-of-the-art offices are in the heart of beautiful Munich. We’re an agile, creative and dynamic start-up with people, innovation and teamwork at the core of our values. We reward our employees with excellent salary and benefits packages including, on-site language courses, mobile phone, subsidized lunches in the company bistro, subsidized gym membership, social events, BBQ’s and much more.
We value diversity and as an equal opportunities employer we encourage applications from all suitably qualified individuals. AID is a multicultural organization with employees from over 40 different countries, as such we provide visa and relocation support to all new employees. As an organization our primary business language is English, so where possible please provide a copy of your resume in English.
What are you waiting for? Help us to build the future.