Machine Learning Inference Engineer
Software Engineering – Perception & Prediction
We are AID GmbH:
AID-Autonomous Intelligent Driving is bringing together the world’s top software, roboticists and AI talent to ignite a human centered revolution in autonomous driving. By understanding the human challenges as well as the engineering ones, the technology we are testing today on the streets of Munich will become the backbone of a universal self-driving system – capable of improving life in urban environments for billions of people. With the agility of a start-up and the support of Audi (VW Group), AID is free to craft an autonomous world that works for everyone – from manufacturers to passengers to city planners to pedestrians. For us, the future isn’t about merely making vehicles more autonomous, it’s about making people more autonomous.
Machine learning is a key technology in creating the self-driving car with state-of-the-art methods from the field of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning used throughout the autonomous driving stack. At AID we use neural networks to interpret the world around us and deploy these networks on our cars. To aid this with this we are searching an (embedded) C++ developer with machine learning experience.
As a senior member of the machine learning team at AID you will work with our domain teams to solve specific problems with the help of your unique knowledge developed in industry and research utilising the data we gather from our development fleet. This means you will be optimizing the performance on our embedded platforms, and will model and training our machine learning components to perform better on our embedded hardware.
Minimum experience requirements:
- MS or PhD in Computer Science, Robotics, Artificial Intelligence, or similar experience.
- Experience with computer vision, machine learning and deep learning
- More than 7 years professional experience using C++ 11 and Python, of which at least 5 years of professional C++ experience and 2 years of Python experience. You have the ability to write and review code which we can safely embed into our autonomous vehicles.
- Professional experience with computer vision or machine learning or deep learning methods, for example using TensorFlow or similar frameworks. You went through the cycle from creating a model to bringing it into production and evaluating the results.
- Experience with Linux.
- Have an understanding of software parallelization and hardware acceleration using GPUs, such as using CUDA.
You'll get a head start if you:
- You have an understanding of traffic participant intention recognition and movement prediction or other time-series related topics.
- Have a deep understanding of the sensor technologies used by autonomous vehicles (e.g. cameras, lidar, radar, ... ) and worked with this data before
- Can demonstrate and explain your previous projects, especially if it was a robotics or automotive project.
Life at AID GmbH:
Our state-of-the-art offices are in the heart of beautiful Munich. We’re an agile, creative and dynamic start-up with people, innovation and teamwork at the core of our values. We reward our employees with excellent salary and benefits packages including, on-site language courses, mobile phone, subsidized lunches in the company bistro, subsidized gym membership, social events, BBQ’s and much more.
We value diversity and as an equal opportunities employer we encourage applications from all suitably qualified individuals. AID is a multicultural organization with employees from over 40 different countries, as such we provide visa and relocation support to all new employees. As an organization our primary business language is English, so where possible please provide a copy of your resume in English.
What are you waiting for? Help us to build the future.