Cloud Architect - AWS (Remote)
San Francisco, California /
The Senior Cloud Architect provides both leadership and subject matter expertise to developers building cloud-native applications. The architect leads in the design, building, evaluation, and prototyping of the cloud-native components, providing proactive guidance and mentoring when needed.
The ideal candidate has 10 years of progressive success with broad-spectrum experience in devops. Due to the technical nature of this position, the candidate will need demonstrated experience with Infrastructure-as-code technologies and scripting languages (listed below).
The candidate will collaborate and lead in research & development, proofs of concept, and development of architecture patterns in a complex system integration environment. To accomplish this, the candidate must have demonstrable experience of implementing solutions using the services provided specifically by AWS and other cloud platforms. As product and development requirements grow, the candidate may need to lead to lead and manage an off-shore team of engineers.
Developers will rely on the Senior Cloud Architect for guidance on implementation patterns and the effective use of new services as they are introduced -- the candidate is expected to constantly perform research and stay current on new AWS/cloud capabilities, and the candidate must be able to teach, guide, and mentor development teams in the appropriate, efficient, and effective use of these evolving technology tools.
As the cloud architect you will:
- Define and detail the services used to deliver the services including the development of designs and other technical artifacts.
- Continuously assess the health of the platform and identify recurring problems/bottlenecks and recommend improvements to eliminate recurrence.
- Collaborate with other developers to modernize the architecture and improve the technical solutions core to the platform offerings.
- Enable wider adoption of cloud offerings by advising and mentoring engineers on how best to develop against the platform while avoiding vendor lock-in.
- Monitor cloud expenses and implement cost management and projection solutions.
- Manage Build and Test automation tools for infrastructure provisioning.
- Manage release deployments in collaboration with product management.
- Solid hands-on experience with the full-range of AWS technologies, specifically ECS (w/ Fargate), load-balancers, VPCs, Lamda, CodeDeploy, S3, RDS, MSK, etc. GCP expertise is a big plus.
- Serious developer chops in Infrastructure-as-code technologies such as Terraform, CloudFormation, Ansible and Packer. GoLang & Python & JVM language expertise is a huge plus.
- Mastery and command of Linux/Unix environments.
- Deep knowledge of cloud architecture, cloud native patterns, container management and serverless computing capabilities. Container wizardry with Docker, Kubernetes is highly desirable.
- Proficiency in high availability, scalability, and security in the cloud.
- Expertise in implementing zero-downtime deployments, leveraging cloud technologies as needed.
The AI Foundation is a foundation for the future, and our working style reflects this. We have a highly talented, multi-disciplined and widely distributed task force, moving fluidly between our offices in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Las Vegas, New York - and home/remote-based spaces.
We are committed to a culture of flexibility, diversity, and fun for all of our employees. We are working on some of the most challenging technical problems and we know the solutions will come from all of us working together in an inclusive, transparent and open manner.
It is our belief that frontier technologies require frontier-type mentalities, a willingness to forge into the unknown.
We want the best minds to come together and work on AI. Does this description fit you? If so, get in touch ASAP.