Senior Software Engineer - AI / CV
Kirkland, WA /
At Aigen, our mission is to accelerate the transition to regenerative agriculture—with a pesticide-free, solar powered robotics platform.
Do you have a track record of solving complex engineering challenges and delivering incredible products? Join us to make a real world impact at the confluence of cutting edge technology, agriculture, AI, and climate. 52% of agricultural land is degraded by current management practices, and 60-75% of original soil carbon has been lost in lands used for agriculture (according to the IPCC).
With $7M raised to date, we are backed by a suite of investors including NEA, GFC, AgFunder, Regen.vc, and Bessemer Ventures.
The Role: As a Senior Software Engineer - AI / CV, you will be a champion for the design, development and integration of the machine learning and computer vision components of the Aigen software stack. You will collaborate with the other engineering teams to build a scalable robotics platform and develop the critical algorithms that enable autonomy. The ideal candidate will be a quick learner with the ability to understand complex software problems.
Aigen celebrates diversity in all its forms, and is an equal opportunity employer
Tools / Languages: C/C++, Python, OpenCV, JIRA, Confluence
- Lead the ML model development and deployment process
- Systematically evaluate the performance of ML and computer vision models and use it to identify areas for improvement and fine-tune models to enhance accuracy, robustness and efficiency.
- Work on optimizing ML models and CV algorithms for the edge
- Stay up to date on ML advancement and its optimization for the edge (e.g. arm architecture)
- Assist with large dataset preparation and analysis as it pertains to improved ML model training
- Provide mentorship and guidance to other team members by actively participating/driving brainstorming sessions and code reviews
- Integrate ML model and computer vision with the robot software stack
- BS/MS or PhD degree in Computer Science, Robotics or related fields
- 5+ years of experience developing object detection/semantic segmentation AI/ML models
- Experience with Python and Python machine learning frameworks: PyTorch, TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch Lightning, Scikit-learn
- Experience optimizing and deploying ML model on the edge (no cloud connection)
- Proficiency in CNNs, transfer learning, feature extraction, hyperparameter tuning and model evaluation
- Strong understanding of CV perception algorithms
- Familiar with cloud services to train and deploy models
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment
- Ability to balance between ambitious innovation and practicality without losing focus and over-engineering
Indicators of good fit:
- Prior startup experience
- Prior experience working on projects that involved crop recognition algorithms
- Experience with deep learning architectures such as YOLO, R-CNN, Mobilenet, EfficientNet
- Experience training and deploying ML model on the edge / IoT devices
- Knowledge of production deployment techniques and tools for ML models
- Experience in applying machine learning to robotics systems
- Experience launching hardware products
- Experience with mobile AI accelerators
- Stock options
- Flexible (WFH) Mondays
- Unlimited paid time off (15 days minimum)
- Healthcare - 100% coverage for employee
- Work on a team in which the qualities that diverse team members bring to the table are appreciated
$150,000 - $190,000 a year