Data Scientist Advocate
Redwood City /
Marketing – Marketing /
Come and be a Data Scientist Advocate for TruEra, a leading AI startup that Fast Company recently named a “Most Innovative Company in AI".
”We’re looking for a Data Scientist Advocate who will be responsible for the strategy and execution of data scientist relations programs that educate and engage across multiple channels. In this role, you’ll be responsible for creating high-value demos, content, webinars, and events. You will also participate in data science communities and grow the TruEra data scientist community.
This role reports to the CMO and works closely with Product Management and Engineering team members.
If you’re looking for the opportunity to have a significant impact working in a hot, emerging field, while developing as a professional, this is the opportunity for you.
- Own the data scientist experience at TruEra through Content, Community, and Product Engagement.
- Cultivate relationships with data scientists who can become part of the TruEra ecosystem and positively impact TruEra products and business
- Build and execute on a multi-channel content strategy for a steady stream of engaging content that inspires use of TruEra solutions and new ways to use or extend TruEra functionality
- Identify, articulate, and promote compelling use cases through various channels
- Create tailored documentation (e.g. data scientist guides), tools (e.g. tailored demos or tailored sandboxes) and programs (e.g. Early Access) that empower data scientists to get the most out of TruEra.
- Synthesize, contextualize, and prioritize data scientist feedback to expand TruEra capabilities and improve the data scientist experience
- Represent TruEra as a subject matter expert at conferences and other events, both virtual and live.
- Help troubleshoot and provide top-level support for data scientists engaged with the free trial or free product.
- Bachelor’s degree in a broadly relevant field, such as data science, computer science, statistics, mathematics, applied mathematics, or depth of coursework in these areas
- 2+ years of Developer Relations experience or working in a data scientist-facing or developer-facing role with demonstrable success in guiding technical experts to engage with a platform or solution
- Technical skills and expertise that demonstrate a strong grasp of data science and engineering fundamentals - you can source and prep data, use statistical computer languages (R, Python, etc.), create and adapt a variety of ML models, and visualize data for a variety of audiences
- Possess an established audience for your media work, such as Twitter followers, YouTube subscribers, or MeetUp participants
- Comfortable working across multiple forms of media (blogs, videos, photos, graphic design), communication channels (Twitter, LinkedIn, Slack, etc.), and communities (Reddit, Discord, Stack Overflow, etc.)
- Experienced in nurturing a technical community, either developers or data scientists
- Fluent in at least 1 general-purpose programming language with which you have developed apps and/or libraries of substance
- A strong technical writer and experienced at illuminating technical topics at varying levels of detail across an audience with different levels of expertise (beginner to advanced)
- Enjoy interacting with people and are excited about helping others to be successful in data science and machine learning
- Good at working cross-functionally and wearing multiple hats
- TruEra is a diverse, global company that is headquartered in Redwood City, CA. There are additional offices in Bellevue, WA, and the United Kingdom. Most of the workforce is successfully working virtually at the moment. Candidates are welcome to apply for an in-office location or to apply for a remote working position.
Compensation & Benefits
- TruEra offers competitive compensation, commensurate with experience. Benefits include medical insurance for all employees (and largely subsidized coverage for families), dental, vision, and a 401(k) plan. This is a full-time, salaried position.