Senior Software Engineer - Data Infrastructure
Redwood City / Seattle
Engineering – Data Infrastructure /
TruEra provides a full lifecycle observability platform to help enterprises analyze machine learning, improve model quality, track performance, and build trust. Powered by enterprise-class Artificial Intelligence (AI) Explainability technology based on six years of research at Carnegie Mellon University, TruEra’s platform helps eliminate the black box surrounding widely used AI and ML technologies. This visibility leads to higher quality, explainable models that achieve measurable business results, address unfair bias, and ensure governance and compliance.
We are excited about the amazing team we’re building at TruEra. One of the core cultural principles at TruEra is: “Create what’s not there.” We’re building a team of creator-builders who are excited about our mission and keen to build large-scale systems and drive cutting-edge research in support of it.
We are a rapidly growing Series B company funded by Greylock, Wing, and Menlo Ventures, and working with Fortune 100 customers and startups throughout the world!
About the job
As a Senior Software Engineer on the TruEra Data Infrastructure team, you will architect, build, and manage highly scalable distributed systems to power Observability and AI/ML Operations on our distributed data platform. We're developing the platform for both public and private cloud environments with the container as first-class citizens. Infrastructure is at the core of our platform, and we're constantly innovating to make our systems more performant, timely, efficient, and capable while maintaining high reliability. You'll be working on our core data processing and ML infrastructure.
What You Will be Doing:
- Design and implementation of complex distributed systems to ingest large volumes of data and implement state-of-the-art complex algorithms.
- Design and build APIs around AI/ML observability product functionality.
- Partner with machine learning engineers, infrastructure engineers, and product managers to design, build, and release new products and features.
- Participate in early customer engagements and PoCs, and use that context to drive new product features
- Review design and code, and make sure what we ship is awesome
- Someone who enjoys having significant ownership of features and systems and pursues results-driven development approaches consistent with pragmatism.
- Someone who builds systems that balance scalability, availability, and latency.
- An advocate for improving engineering efficiency, continuous deployment and automation tooling, monitoring solutions, and self-healing systems that enhance the developer experience.
- Good communication skills, mentoring, and a force-multiplying track record.
- Experience in building robust systems in production from the ground up.
- You have led and mentored others and care about the development of your teammates.
- You desire to learn and grow, push yourself and your team, share lessons with others, provide constructive and continuous feedback, and be receptive to feedback from others.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of proven track record in building and maintaining distributed data systems.
- Strong hands-on coding experience in Java, Python, or Go and comfortable diving into any new language or technology.
- Strong data infrastructure experience on-premise or Cloud Infrastructure
- Experience with some or similar or all of Flink, OLAP Datastores, Presto, Spark, and familiarity with key/value databases, Kafka, and Kubernetes.
- Experience working with modern cloud-based microservice architectures.
- Experience building machine learning models or ecosystems
- Experience with Linux and containers using Docker and Kubernetes is a big plus.
- Having been a part of an engineering team at an early-stage startup
$175,000 - $220,000 a year
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our website or to personal email accounts of employees of Truera are considered property of Truera and are not subject to payment of agency fees.