ML Infrastructure Engineer
Redwood City /
Truera provides the first AI Quality platform, to help enterprises analyze machine learning, improve model quality and build trust. Powered by enterprise-class Artificial Intelligence (AI) Explainability technology based on six years of research at Carnegie Mellon University, Truera’s platform helps eliminate the black box surrounding widely used AI and ML technologies. This visibility leads to higher quality, explainable models that achieve measurable business results, address unfair bias, and ensure governance and compliance.
We are excited about the amazing team we’re building at Truera. One of the core cultural principles at Truera is: “Create what’s not there.” We’re building a team of creator-builders who are excited about our mission and keen to build large-scale systems and drive cutting-edge research in support of it.
We are a rapidly growing Series A company funded by Greylock and Wing, and working with both Fortune 100 customers and startups throughout the world!
About the job
As a Software Engineer on the Truera Infrastructure team, you will be designing, building, and managing a scalable and highly available Data platform, AI/ML infrastructure ecosystems. We're developing the platform for both public and private cloud environments with the container as first-class citizens. Infrastructure is at the core of our platform, and we're constantly innovating to make our systems more performant, timely, cost-effective, and capable while maintaining high reliability. You'll be architecting our core data and ML infrastructure and pipelines.
What You Will be Doing:
- Design, develop and lead platform features
- Collaborate with ML Engineers, Backend Engineers and Products Managers to deliver new Platform capability
- Participate in early customer engagements and PoCs, and use that context to drive new product features
- Review design and code, and make sure what we ship is awesome
- “Create what’s not there”
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 3+ years experience in Software Engineering
- Strong development skills in JVM language
- Strong ML and/or data infrastructure experience
- Solid background in the fundamentals of computer science and distributed systems
- Experience in one or more data stores including Postgres, Redshift, Hadoop, Cassandra, etc.
- Experience in containerized deployment or Kubernetes
- Ability to build systems that balance scalability, availability, and latency
- Advocate for the continuous deployment and automation tools, monitoring, and self-healing systems
- Great communication skills and a team player
- Experience building machine learning models or ecosystems
- Having been a part of an engineering team at an early stage startup
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our website or to personal email accounts of employees of Truera are considered property of Truera and are not subject to payment of agency fees.