Machine Learning, Intern
Position: ML Engineering Intern (paid)
Company: Truera , Inc.
Truera, Inc. is an early stage startup commercializing research in explainable machine learning. We are working to help humans understand ‘why’ machine learning models behave the way they do in order to address algorithmic bias and discrimination and to help people make better decisions with AI. Our team has a strong research DNA with ties to CMU and Stanford, and engineering DNA with infrastructure and machine learning engineers from Google, Microsoft, and enterprise startups.
We’re looking for a Machine Learning intern for the Fall of 2020 to join our engineering team. Our tools are currently being used by large banks and insurance companies to identify and address unjust bias in their models as well as improve the overall quality of their models. Interns would work on expanding our explainability technology to neural network models as well as other questions regarding model monitoring and stability.
What to expect
- Work on projects that directly influence our enterprise and consumer offerings with expectations of developing code that ships.
- Learn about the rapidly evolving field of explainability (XAI) and how AI is applied in industry settings.
- Solve exciting and challenging technical problems related to explainability and trust.
- Experience what it is like to be a part of a fast growing, early startup.
- Past internship/work experience with machine learning frameworks (scikit-learn, Tensorflow/PyTorch/Keras etc.) and other data science tools
- Research experience in machine learning or related field
- Excellent quantitative, analytical and communication skills
** We have listed some responsibilities and experience guidelines below, but do not consider these as set in stone—talent and passion for what we’re working on are the most important.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our website or to personal email accounts of employees of Truera are considered property of Truera and are not subject to payment of agency fees.