Production Coordinator (Animation)
Production Coordinator (Animation)
We are recruiting on behalf of a global entertainment company in downtown Toronto.
- Liaising internally with production executives, Producers and other support staff and externally with production personnel to ensure proper documentation is being completed and collected during production. This may include: initiating and completing, or organizing guild/union documentation, contracts, required materials for tax credits, clearance materials, screen credit information, delivery requirements for broadcasters and distribution entities, and production schedule information, including script schedules. Some preparation of documentation, for example, deal memos, guild/union paperwork, etc., may be required, as requested.
- Setting up key crew interviews, travel, coordinating payment of key crew and helping with logistics of distributing information and documentation during all phases of production.
- Typing, editing, copying and distributing scripts, as they are amended.
- Organizing travel arrangements (including accommodation) for cast, crew and production executives.
- Under supervision, the breaking down of scripts, inputting and evaluating script schedules.
- Typing and distributing production schedules, as they may be amended from time to time.
- Dealing with accounts and expenses related to the production(s) including resolving any issues, with oversight by the Producers for the production.
- As required by the Producers liaising with other production personnel including Legal, Business Affairs, Finance, and Accounting departments to ensure all paperwork requirements are met.
- Assisting with obtaining visas or work permits for cast and crew, as required.
- Ensuring production materials are properly organized and archived on the shared computer drives.
- Keeping track of production schedules and delivery dates for internal tracking and reporting.
- Alerting Producers when key production dates are met: e.g., start of key animation, delivery of rough cuts, etc.
- Reporting regularly with their Producer(s) to ensure that each production is properly and completely organized and to see where improvements are required.
- As required, working with Producers of a production, making schedules, logs and other paperwork for post-production.
- Providing general support for a production’s Producers and Executive Producers & Producing Supervisors.
- Providing other administrative support, as required, for each production to which the Production Coordinator is attached.
- Other administrative tasks as may be required by the Producers of the production or Head of Production.
- 1-3 years’ previous experience in animated children’s television series productions, in a production assistant or production coordinator role.
- Must be detail oriented, thorough, and able to multi-task in high volume, deadline driven environment while helping to manage different productions at any given time.
- Strong administrative, organizational and time management skills are essential.
- A high level of proficiency in Word, MS Outlook, Final Draft, Power Point and Excel.
- Must have initiative, flexibility, adaptability, common sense, resourcefulness and strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- A calm approach to all situations and ability to problem solve quickly, creatively and logically.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and alone; to identify issues, troubleshoot, ask questions, and propose solutions.
- Ability to prioritize and handle last minute changes, e.g., to scripts, production schedules.
- Be organized and have a “yes, can do” attitude.
- Able to work under pressure to tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment, and be deadline oriented.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, both oral and written.
- Tenacious and enthusiastic with stamina, persistence, motivation and a proactive manner.
- Appreciation of animated children’s television with good critical analysis skills and a positive attitude.
Please note only qualified applicants will be contacted.