Director, Insights and Demand Planning
Reporting to the VP of Sales, the Director, Insights and Demand Planning will lead the development and implementation of strategies and solutions to support business and customer collaboration initiatives. The incumbent will be responsible for identifying and developing innovative solutions in our demand planning and data analytics function that will enable the delivery of insight based business solutions. He/she will provide effective team leadership to ensure that demand planning and category insight generation will support the short, mid and long-term goals of the organization.
- Lead the team that works directly with Provincial boards and distributors in building and managing our demand plans
- Lead, develop and communicate the Demand Plans for all market segments (Recreational, Medical, Wholesale) and all products to ensure target fill rates are met.
- With inputs from key Commercial team stakeholders, develop and lead the Sales & Operations Planning Process (S&OP) for the Demand cycle. Validate and track the Experience and Operations Plans to support the Demand Plan.
- Partner with the S&OP lead to ensure that marketing plans & sales forecast are translated into an efficient supply plan that can be delivered on time in full.
- Assist with the optimization of Logistics and Production by developing and implementing balanced Demand Plans.
- Develop solutions to Demand and Supply imbalances.
- Coordinate cross-functional data sharing/analysis to reconcile Demand and Supply variances and refine the Demand Plan to reflect updated assumptions.
- Partner with the sales team to define, design and deliver an optimal sales forecasting model for a portfolio cannabis brands in Canada on a rolling 12-month basis.
- Partner with the innovation team to ensure all new innovation launches are planned effectively with accurate forecasts from the sales team.
- Partner with finance to support appropriate linkage between the monthly business plan forecast and financial forecasts (key assumptions, risks, opportunities).
- Create systems to manage awareness of inventory in the entire supply chain (from finished goods to customer inventory).
- Capture operating constraints and business requirements to analyze, develop and implement inventory planning solutions that optimize inventory across our customer base.
- Develop, use and maintain a demand planning system as the primary forecasting tool.
- Partner with Commercial leadership to quantify & validate risks and opportunities, and support the development of plans to close gaps between the forecast and target.
Insights and Analytics
- Grow Sundial’s Sales and Market share though detailed analyses in order to recommend category focused strategies that best promote Sundial’s interests and drive category growth.
- Lead and support category & channel strategy through assortment, net pricing (price and promo) strategy and trade investment grounded in consumer, category and shopper insights
- Through research and analyses, provide insights on the Cannabis shoppers’ behavior and purchase journey
- Evaluate competitor pricing strategies and analyze impact to Sundial brands, developing recommendations to address
- Translate insightful and fact-based recommendations into selling stories for key partners and field teams
- Secure Category Advisor status with strategic partners
- Provide business recommendations and collaborate on gap closing opportunities, influencing leadership as needed in order to pursue sufficient gap closing activity.
- Design, build and own tools to improve data capture and insights.
- Manage, analyze, and summarize multiple sources of data into key actionable insights.
- Provide input for the long-range / strategic planning process to steer product portfolio decisions in response to category trends and incorporate learning from past launches into future plans.
- Prioritize and lead various ad hoc analytical work, assessing options, presenting findings, and influencing solution designs with cross functional teams.
- Drive financial results that maximize sales, inventory and bottom-line profitability.
- Direct the development of sales, gross margin and inventory plans that support product strategies.
- Oversee the development, analysis, and revision of category assortment plans for sales, margin realization, inventory and profit.
- A proven leader with experience in building and managing a high performing team.
- A top performer who wants to deliver a broad business impact, through their participation and contribution to the sales and supply chain team, to propel the entire organization forward
- Cultivating relationships internally and externally, initiating and leading discussions that further the performance of the group and support the growth of the business.
- Past success and comfort operating in an extremely fast paced rapidly changing environment/industry.
- Ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholders in marketing, sales and supply chain.
- Experienced in Production and Supply Chain processes.
- Demonstrated success and experience in a customer facing role.
- Ability to manage complex data and simplify into key insights.
- Highly effective presentation skills.
- Strong business strategy knowledge and superior business acumen.
- Experience in category management and shopper research/insights.
- Able to articulate demand planning logics – drive for implementation of best practices in forecasting and demand planning.
- An agile and hands-on detailed orientated analyst who likes to build and perfect models.
- Proven analytical & mathematical thinking, and adept at solving complex problems.
- Used to fast-paced multi-sku industries, with aggressive innovation pipelines and complex supply chains.
- Exceptional analytical planning and organizational skills and have thorough understanding of the principles of Forecasting & Replenishment, Mix Management, and Category Management
- With strong analytical skills; able to deal with concepts and complexity comfortably; Advanced Excel skills are a priority; knowledge of SAP/BI, APO is an asset.
- Functional/Technical Expertise [statistical /forecasting/planning systems]
- Proficient in MS Office tools-Advanced Excel Skills; SAP/APO/BI, MS Project, Business Objects.
- Previous restricted market experience ie) cannabis or liquor etc is an asset.
- Bachelor’s degree; ideally in engineering, statistics, mathematics or economics.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
All applicants being considered for employment will be required to pass a criminal background check prior to hire.
Please note only qualified applicants will be contacted.