Consumer Insights Analyst
We are recruiting on behalf of a global consumer insights firm in downtown Toronto for a Consumer insights analyst
Position: Consumer Insights Analyst (Analytics Department)
Are you interested in working in a casual environment where completing your job with excellence and tackling new challenges is more important than punching the corporate clock? If you can work well independently, love learning on the job, and want to have an impact by providing insights and recommendations (not just data or information!) from consumer research analysis to various Fortune 500 clients, then this international company is interested in meeting you. The job environment and people are fun, they are good at what they do, and the work is fast paced, exciting, and diverse.
As a Consumer Insights Analyst you will be required to provide analytical support, insight and generate reports on consumer research projects, for a wide range of clients from beer and packaged goods to retail, financial services and major sports properties. Your invaluable analysis will contribute help grow profitable businesses within the account team.
- Manage project work within the company to ensure deliverables are met and on time, including quality controls
- Develop and write specifications to generate research tables
- Analyze results versus database norms and client’s objectives
- Develop reports that use graphics and simple, focused communication to deliver the business decision
- Take analysis (beyond data and numbers) to next level of actionable insight and recommendations that impact our clients’ business
- Working out of the Toronto office with a group of 40 others
- Directly reporting to VP or Director of Client Services, but working with other Consumer Insights Analysts, managers, directors and the President on an ad-hoc project basis.
- Organized, proactive, with an attention to detail
- Capable of thorough fact-based analysis
- Strong organization and time management skills, strong at multi-tasking and meeting deadlines
- Ability to understand and provide perspective on complex business issues
- Able to work on analysis independently
- Ability to take data/information beyond numbers with clear, concise, and proper written communication
- Commitment to continuous learning and developing personal skills
- College or University degree – preference toward business, marketing and statistics degree
- Minimum 2 years work experience
- Minimum of 2 years of quantitative analysis/business analysis for a major consumer goods company, or consumer research company
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills a necessity. Experience or capacity to learn statistical modeling, multivariate analysis or other statistical program skills is a benefit. (e.g. SPSS or SAS)
- Embrace a passionate, fun environment
- A self-starter who takes responsibility and ownership, with a true passion to make a difference
- Pragmatic with a desire to learn and solve problems
- Know you are way better than ‘average’ – confidence (not cockiness) to stand out from the crowd
Please note only qualified applicants will be contacted.