Technical Support Engineer
Sales and Customer Success – Customer Success
Airbase is the first all-in-one spend management platform that provides companies unparalleled control and visibility into every dollar spent. Finance teams deserve a solution that eliminates the tedious work involved in managing spend and allows them to focus on being strategic partners to the rest of the business. We do that by replacing the multiple systems typically used to manage spend with a single platform that handles every workflow including expense approval and payments (physical cards, virtual cards, ACH, check), while also automating away the bulk of spend-related accounting. Learn more about why innovative companies like Gusto, Segment, Doximity, Getaround, Netlify, and more trust Airbase at www.airbase.io
About the Job:
You will bring technical expertise and skills to manage the first level of support for all incoming production software application issues. You will own and manage sustenance of stable software applications as well. Your solutions will impact the user experience for Airbase customers. Your ability to learn quickly and work on disparate and overlapping tasks will define your success. High impact production issues often require coordination between multiple Development, Operations, and IT Support groups, so you get to experience a breadth of impact with various groups.
- Develop a deep understanding of internal application which will include understanding of the global FinTech payment systems.
- Provide online support to Airbase customers
- Gather detailed information on the question/issue raised to determine how to best provide assistance to the customer
- Triaging of issues and adhering to SLA’s.
- Analyse, identify, and resolve complicated problems and bug fixes.
- Escalating urgent issues quickly and engaging engineers from relevant squads as necessary to work within and measure against customer SLAs.
- Maintain an ongoing record of problem analysis and resolution activity in a tracking system visible to internal stakeholders..
- Proactively monitor performance of production and non-production environments & applications.
- File and drive issues to closure with external partners.
- Work with Customer Success, Product, and Engineering departments to ensure fast turnaround and provide quality service to Airbase customers
- Provide feedback from customer users to the team.
- Work remotely in the US time zone (PST)
- Confident and can effectively communicate both in oral and written English.
- At least three (3) years experience in providing production support including performance monitoring and real-time log analysis & investigation.
- Has understanding of technologies and architectures in a highly scalable and available setup environment.
- Has understanding of highly transactional and large relational and complex systems.
- Has deep understanding of and experience in Linux, PostgreSQL, SQL, Python, and Java
- Experience with NetSuite / ERP System
- Excellent customer orientation skills
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills
- Self-sufficient and self-driven
Nice to Haves:
- Has prior programming experience and worked with a startup company.
- At least five (5) years experience in product development or test engineering.
- Experience in business and financial processes is an advantage
We offer competitive cash compensation and very attractive equity. Our first preference is for someone based in Philippines. But, we're a very remote friendly company (most of the team works remotely from 9 countries) and are open to strong candidates from anywhere.