Senior Data Analyst
Product Management – Product /
Airbase is the first all-in-one spend management platform that provides companies unparalleled control and visibility into every dollar spent. Finance teams deserve a solution that eliminates the tedious work involved in managing spend and allows them to focus on being strategic partners to the rest of the business. We do that by replacing the multiple systems typically used to manage to spend with a single platform that handles every workflow including expense approval and payments (physical cards, virtual cards, ACH, check), while also automating away the bulk of spend-related accounting. Learn more about why innovative companies like Gusto, Segment, Doximity, Getaround, Netlify, and more trust Airbase at www.airbase.com
About the Job
You will play a key role in supporting the teams that build, sell and market the Airbase product by enabling them to make data-driven decisions. You will partner with leadership and management teams and will provide business insights that will drive all critical decisions. You will help us scale. This is an opportunity to have a big impact and influence how the data and insights function evolves as we grow. We're looking for someone who thrives in the very early stages of a company and is self-driven. You will have the opportunity to help us set up this function from scratch.
- Define, develop and monitor key product metrics to support business and product objectives
- Analyze key product and business metrics to extract meaningful insights and make recommendations
- Build self-serve dashboards and reports in BI tools such as Metabase, Looker, Tableau or Periscope
- Manage our internal data warehouse including data pipelines, data transformations and master data
- Working with large data sets and be able to aggregate, slice and dice large data sets to generate invaluable insights.
- Collect new data and refine the data from existing sources such as SalesForce.com, Zendesk, Segment, Mixpanel and transaction tables
- Work closely with management, product, customer success, customer support and finance teams to understand their problem and provide solutions
- Work with the development and design teams to create innovative new features and optimizations.
- Bachelor’s or masters degree from an accredited university or college in computer science or statistics
- Minimum 6-8 years of work experience and at least 3 years of work experience as a data analyst or in a related field. Work experience as software engineer or data engineer will be an added advantage.
- Ability to work with stakeholders from different teams
- High-level experience in methodologies and processes for managing large scale databases.
- Strong SQL skills
- Demonstrated experience in handling large data sets and relational databases.
- Understanding of addressing and metadata standards.
- High-level written and verbal communication skills.
- Hands-on experience working with business intelligence and data analytics tools like Metadata, Tableau, Looker
- Experience with data warehousing platforms such as PostgreSQL, Amazon RedShift
- Good understanding of Data Structures and Algorithms
- Good coding skills in any language (Python, Java etc.)
Nice to haves:
- You've worked at a startup
- Experience with workflow-driven B2B SaaS products
- Knowledge of ETL tools and data engineering
We offer competitive cash compensation and very attractive equity. A large part of our team is distributed and remote. We're a very remote-friendly company and you can work from anywhere in the world.