Public Relations Manager (contract position)
Marketing – Strategy & Operations /
Airbase is the first all-in-one spend management platform that provides companies unparalleled control and visibility into every dollar spent. Finance teams deserve a solution that eliminates the tedious work involved in managing spend and allows them to focus on being strategic partners to the rest of the business. We do that by replacing the multiple systems typically used to manage spend with a single platform that handles every workflow, including expense approvals and payments, while also automating the bulk of spend-related accounting. Innovative companies, like Gusto, Segment, Doximity, Getaround, Netlify, and more, trust Airbase. We are a remote-first company and have team members across the globe.
We’re looking for a PR manager, on a contract basis, who will help elevate brand awareness. This role is expected to be a long-term contract, with possibility of conversion to full-time employment, and can be full or part-time.
As the ideal candidate, you will:
- Create and execute effective PR programs that will help increase brand awareness.
- Hold trusted relationships with business and trade journalists.
- Secure and arrange media interviews and speakership opportunities.
- Work with a great team of communicators to tell stories that demonstrate how Airbase is helping our customers.
- Collaborate and partner with stakeholders across our company, from marketing and sales to customer success.
- Bring creativity, fresh thinking and new ideas on delivering great communications.
- Keep a pulse on news cycles and trends, and insert the Airbase narrative in targeted and relevant media opportunities.
- Monitor and respond to journalist requests for input and inbound inquiries. Manage inbound inquiries from the media.
- Report on PR campaign results; track and influence media coverage.
- You have at least 5+ years B2B media relations experience, or as a journalist.
- You live to tell interesting stories and love, love, love to land press coverage.
- You have strong existing relationships with relevant US-focused business, tech and national news reporters, editors and their outlets.
- A gift for storytelling and the ability to craft compelling messaging and content.
- You have journalistic instincts and skills in uncovering and developing stories.
- You have exceptional written and verbal communication skills, and a keen attention to detail. How would you improve this job spec for instance?
- You have the ability to thrive in a fast-changing, ambiguous environment.
- You have a general understanding of social media, analysts and influencer marketing.
- You’re a self-starter, with proven ability to collaborate cross-functionally, within a fast-paced environment and across multiple time-zones.
- While you will initially work in-house without an agency, ideally you have managed PR agencies in the past.
This role will require at least 5 hours per day in PST working hours (full-time), or 4 hours if part-time.