Head of Brand Marketing
San Francisco, CA
Marketing – Strategy & Operations
Airbase is a modern spend management system designed for growth companies that need a single platform capable of managing entire company spend. Airbase brings the benefits of corporate card expense management, bill payments and accounts payable automation in one unified platform. Airbase is well funded and getting ready to invest aggressively in growth in 2020.
Learn more about why innovative companies like Gusto, Segment, Doximity, Getaround, Netlify, and more trust Airbase at www.airbase.com
What you’ll do as Head of Brand Marketing
- Own the Airbase brand platform. Including deeply understanding our ideal customer profile, developing our positioning, messaging and visual look and feel. You'll take a creative and actionable approach to articulating our brand story, purpose and vision as well as ensuring all branding efforts are in line with business strategy without compromising the brand's integrity.
- Equip the team so that everyone at Airbase has access to - and is able to communicate - clear, effective messaging that effectively positions us as an innovative solution to a long-standing problem that our audience feels compelled to solve.
- Lead our content strategy: Work closely with marketing, sales, product, and customer success to develop content topics and themes that will resonate with our target audience.
- Own the content calendar: Including but not limited to blogs, whitepapers, PDF downloads, events, webinars, interviews, videos, and case studies.
- Own the content for the buyer’s journey: Map out the buyer’s journey for each persona and create useful content for each step.
- Work with growth marketers to create content for inbound and outbound campaigns as well as SEO.
- Work with sales and sales enablement to develop & maintain effective prospecting materials and including collateral, sales materials, presentations, etc.
- Create compelling brand awareness campaigns such as OOH, podcasts etc.
- Continually enhance our website presence and ensure content is comprehensive, current, accurate, and easy to navigate. Work alongside the head of growth marketing to execute their conversion optimization plans.
- Metrics and reporting: Track and report KPIs and use that data to improve performance.
- Develop and manage a low-lift analyst relations and PR program and develop a point of view, backed by data, of the importance of this audience and channel, and make investment recommendations for future resourcing.
- You know how to blend the art and science needed to ensure measurable results while inspiring creative teams to bring the brand to life.
- You are the second-most compelling storyteller you know (and we want to know who you think is #1!)
- You’ve led the development and launch of a brand refresh, including competitor and market research, revisiting mission/vision/value, positioning, value proposition, etc.
- You are adept at establishing process and building systems to communicate and maintain the quality and integrity of creative output.
- You’ve ran - and can share - impressively creative brand campaigns, and can speak to their effectiveness
- You have a demonstrated ability to build and manage a team of editors, freelancers, and agencies.
- You can work independently, yet be a great team player. You’re a project manager extraordinaire.
- You have a strong attention to detail.
- You are a fabulous communicator and you can write and edit wonderful copy.
- You have a portfolio of a variety of mediums including both written word and video.
- You can draw insights from data and demonstrate a brand's contribution to business results
- You can jump seamlessly between strategy and hands-on execution.
- 9+ years experience in marketing. B2B and fintech a plus.
Our first preference is for someone based in the San Francisco Bay Area. But, we're a very remote friendly company (most of the team works remotely from 6 countries) and are open to strong candidates from North America.