Customer Success Manager
San Francisco, CA
Sales and Customer Success – Customer Success
Airbase is a modern spend management system designed for growth companies that need a single platform capable of managing entire company spend. Airbase brings the benefits of corporate card expense management, bill payments and accounts payable automation in one unified platform.
About the Role
We're looking for a Customer Success Manager based in the San Francisco Bay Area. If you enjoy starting up and building from the ground up; And enjoy the organized chaos of being an early team member at a young company, then being an Airbase CSM can be a great next move for you.
Your day to day at Airbase
- Build strong executive and business user relationships with Airbase’s customers, that include CFO, VP/Director of Finance & Accounting and help them get full benefits of our suite of products.
- Work with your customers to drive adoption, and measure critical KPIs that aid them in achieving their business goals.
- Become an Airbase product expert from the business user perspective and become a trusted strategic advisor for your customers.
- Serve as your customer’s advocate throughout the duration of the contract life-cycle and will be responsible for educating customers on best practices regarding internal dashboard set up and configurations.
- Work closely with the VP Customer Success and company founder to develop the process for running QBRs, managing renewals and identifying up sell opportunities.
- As the CSM, you will be the responsible using salesforce to run renewals and manage a book of business of up to $1M ARR
- Provide valuable input to help shape the product roadmap and be the voice of the customer for the product management and engineering teams.
What skills you bring to the role
- 4+ years of customer success experience in managing customers who are small and medium enterprises (>50 employees)
- At least 2 years of managing a book of business of up to $1M ARR with ACV > $20K, running QBRs and managing renewals.
- Have prior experience working at an early stage Series A/B start up
- Self-starting attitude with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Is growth minded and has the grit and attention to detail to be successful
- You dislike the shackles of a large company and enjoy the scrappiness of being part of a young startup
- You enjoy building processes and be an early member of a team. prior experience leading and training a team.
- You want to be an active participant in building the company, will be the first to raise your hand, and share your opinion on how to make things better.
Airbase offers an array of benefits including competitive salaries, stock options, healthcare coverage, 401k, and a flexible vacation policy. This AngelList post has wide compensation ranges, but it really depends on your experience and skill. We're looking for someone in the San Francisco Bay Area for this role.