Business / Sales Development Representative (Remote)
Sales and Customer Success – Sales /
Airbase is the first all-in-one spend management platform that provides companies unparalleled control and visibility into every dollar spent. Backed by First Round Capital and Bain Capital Ventures, Airbase has secured $30M in funding to fulfill the following vision: Finance teams deserve a solution that eliminates the tedious work involved in managing spend and allows them to focus on being strategic partners to the rest of the business. We do that by replacing the multiple systems typically used to manage spend with a single platform that handles every workflow including expense approvals and payments (physical cards, virtual cards, ACH, check), while also automating away the bulk of spend-related accounting. Learn more about why innovative companies like Gusto, Segment, Doximity, Getaround, Netlify, and more trust Airbase at airbase.com.
About the Job
You will be expected to conduct daily outbound prospecting, assist in preliminary sales qualification, and take a hand in the building of sales-related processes. We are a highly collaborative team - this role has many responsibilities outside of a typical BDR role, with plenty of room for learning and career growth built in. Remote team + remote company, we have made the transition to full-time WFH, permanently.
- Minimum 1-2 years career experience; minimum six-months experience in B2B software sales.
- Interested in entrepreneurship and technology.
- Growth-minded and have the grit and attention to detail to be successful.
- Self-starting attitude with high level of written and verbal communication skills. Comfortable asking for help/guidance when needed.
- Experience with sales tools including, but not limited to: Outreach, Salesforce, Zoom Video, Linkedin Sales Navigator, Dialpad, G Suite (or similar solutions). Salesforce experience in particular is a must.
- You have carried a quota tied to cold outbound meeting setting and consistently met/exceeded said quota.
- You dislike the shackles of a large company and enjoy the scrappiness of being part of a young startup.
- You take pride in creative, strategic outbounding and have specific examples of out-of-of the box prospecting you are excited to share.
- You want to be an active participant in building the company, will be the first to raise your hand, and share your opinion on how to make things better.
- Your desired next step career-wise is to move into an Account Executive role
- You are well-versed in sales qualification methodology (such as BANT) and have experience running preliminary sales conversations designed to establish fit and interest prior to passing to an AE.
Nice to haves
- Have prior experience working at an early stage Series A/B start-up.
- You have received formal sales training at your previous company (or BDR academy) and are well-versed in either Sandler, Challenger or similar sales methodologies.
- You have reported directly to a SDR or BDR Manager.
Airbase offers an array of benefits including competitive salaries, stock options, healthcare coverage, 401k, and a flexible vacation policy.