Senior Mobile Engineer
Engineering – FrontEnd /
Airbase is the first all-in-one spend management platform that provides companies unparalleled control and visibility into every dollar spent. Finance teams deserve a solution that eliminates the tedious work involved in managing spend and allows them to focus on being strategic partners to the rest of the business. We do that by replacing the multiple systems typically used to manage spend with a single platform that handles every workflow including expense approvals and payments (physical cards, virtual cards, ACH, check), while also automating away the bulk of spend-related accounting. Learn more about why innovative companies like Gusto, Segment, Doximity, Getaround, Netlify, and more trust Airbase at www.airbase.com
About the Job
We're looking for an experienced engineer who can lead the development of our React Native based iOS and Android applications and help scale their adoption. We have an ambitious roadmap for our mobile applications, and we're looking for someone who can help accelerate development, but with the reliability expected from a finance product managing customer money. We'd love to work with someone who thrives in the early stages of a company and is self-driven.
- Build and deliver our iOS and Android apps in an end-to-end manner: technical design, development, testing, deployment and maintenance.
- Work closely with Product Managers to translate business/product requirements to engineering specifications.
- Participate in product discussions, taking ownership and initiative.
- Work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- At least 5 years of experience developing mobile apps in a professional setting.
- At least 1 year experience with React Native.
- At least 1 year experience working in the React ecosystem.
- You have shipped an app using React Native to the iOS and Android app stores.
- Deep native development experience on iOS or Android platforms and a desire to learn the other platform.
- Experience with mobile UI design patterns, security, performance and usability.
- Familiar with modern engineering practices: code reviews, continuous-deployment, automated testing.
- Must be willing to constantly learn new things.
- Passionate about joining a small team and building a company.
Nice to haves
- A history of working on side/hobby projects and contributing to open source projects is a plus.
- Full stack development experience.
- Experience with mobile automated testing frameworks.
- You've worked at a startup before.
We offer competitive cash compensation and very attractive equity. A large part of our team is distributed and remote. We're a very remote-friendly company and you can work from anywhere in the world.