Product Support Manager
Professional Services and Support – Support /
Airbase is a modern spend management system designed for growth companies that need a single platform capable of managing entire company spend. Airbase brings the benefits of corporate card expense management, bill payments, and accounts payable automation in one unified platform. Airbase is well funded and getting ready to invest aggressively in growth in 2021.
Learn more about why innovative companies like Gusto, Segment, Doximity, Getaround, Netlify, and more trust Airbase at www.airbase.com
The Product Support Manager will report to the Professional Services and Support Manager and will manage the Product Support team and coordinate with Product, Engineering, Professional Services, and Customer Success teams, as needed, to ensure proper handling and timely updates and resolution of support tickets ultimately leading to the exceptional customer experience and satisfaction which Airbase is known for.
This role will be focused on developing the Support team as new features are continuously rolled out to ensure the team is up-to-date and can readily provide top-notch support to customers and managing and monitoring all support tickets on a daily basis to ensure timely updates and resolution are provided to customers. This role will be responsible for managing support ticket escalations and will be the go-to person for customers who want to escalate their issues.
What you’ll do:
- Learn and understand the Airbase product at a deeper level. As Airbase is an accounting software, it is expected that the candidate understands the intricacies of how the product solves accounts payable issues for our customers.
- Provide guidance to the Product Support team on handling tickets and managing customers.
- Manage customer-escalated concerns and ensure customers are updated and issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Define potential risks with the Product and Engineering teams based on planned changes in the product.
- Prepare external communications for urgent escalations.
- Perform customer outreach and conduct customer meetings to manage escalated concerns and to further understand business implications for the issue on hand and provide workaround solutions and next steps for the customer during the meeting.
- Manage customer expectations on escalated concerns.
- Collaborate with Product, Engineering, Professional Services, and Customer Success teams to ensure quick turnaround and provide quality service to Airbase customers.
- As the team is growing, you will need to handle support tickets yourself. Responsibilities include:Provide email, live chat, and (occasionally) phone support to customers.
- Identify and understand the background of the question/issue raised.
- Conduct initial troubleshooting of the issue raised to determine if this requires further escalation internally.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, or related field.
- At least five (5) years of experience managing a product support team and handling customer escalations in the accounting software industry.
- Knowledge and experience in the Procure to Pay and General Ledger business processes and in ERP and accounting systems.
- Experience in NetSuite, Quickbooks Online, Sage Intacct, or Xero is an advantage.
- Confident and can effectively communicate both in oral and written English.
- Excellent customer orientation skills.
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills.
- Quick-learning self-starter who has great attention to detail, able to multitask, and is highly motivated to provide customer satisfaction.
This role requires the ability to work during the PT working hours as the customers we are working with are largely based in the Pacific (PT) and Eastern (ET) time zones.