Product Manager - Accounting (Remote)
Manila, PH /
Product Management – Product /
Product managers at Airbase tackle problems at the intersection of finance, accounting and technology while applying the lenses of experience, strategy and business acumen to provide immense value to our customers.
Airbase is the first all-in-one spend management platform that provides companies unparalleled control and visibility into every dollar spent. Finance teams deserve a solution that eliminates the tedious work involved in managing spend and allows them to focus on being strategic partners to the rest of the business. We do that by replacing the multiple systems typically used to manage spend with a single platform that handles every workflow including expense approvals and payments (physical cards, virtual cards, ACH, check), while also automating away the bulk of spend-related accounting.
Learn more about why innovative companies like Gusto, Segment, Doximity, Getaround, Netlify, and more trust Airbase at www.airbase.com
About the Accounting PM role
You'll be working closely with the Founder/CEO and the rest of the Airbase product team to define and build the Airbase product. We currently don't have any PMs on the team with a deep finance and accounting background and we would like to add that DNA to our product team. The Accounting specific workflows and GL integrations in Airbase are areas that will especially benefit from accounting training. This is a great opportunity to help build a product that will make the lives of lots of finance and accounting professionals better.
- The Accounting PM will be responsible for addressing problems of accountants, controllers and generally the AP team among our mid-market customers.
- Deeply understand the accounting related workflows of our customers (related to spend management) and support them in Airbase
- Reduce time to close books for our customers
- Identify opportunities to automate accounting tasks for our customers
- Build new integrations with ERP and accounting systems to expand our total addressable market
- Research and build expertise in all of the ERP / accounting systems that we support
- Increase revenue and customer retention
- Act as an in-house accounting and ERP system related subject matter expert and help the product development team build and ship better products.
This role requires:
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- An undergraduate degree in accounting.
- Expertise and certifications in NetSuite
- At least 2 years of experience in a customer facing NetSuite implementation consulting role
- You enjoy the process of creating new workflows and processes to make the accounting more efficient
- Passionate about joining a small team and building a company.
Nice to haves:
- A CPA or equivalent certification
- You have been a practicing accountant or have an audit background in a major firm
- Strong project management skills
We are a distributed team so this position is location agnostic.