Airbyte is the open-source standard for EL(T). We enable data teams to replicate data from applications, APIs, and databases to data warehouses, lakes, and other destinations. We believe only an open-source approach can solve the problem of data integration, as it enables us to cover the long tail of integrations while enabling teams to adapt pre-built connectors to their needs.
Within just 18 months, we've built 150+ connectors and we've had 9,000+ companies syncing data with us. We've raised $181M from some of the world's top investors (Benchmark, Accel, Altimeter, Coatue, Y Combinator, etc.) and believe in product-led growth, where we build something awesome and let our product bring the users, rather than an outbound sales engine with cold calls.
Airbyte is remote friendly, with most of the team still based in Silicon Valley. We’re fully transparent as a company. Our company handbook, culture & values, strategy and roadmap are open to all.
As a Community Manager, you will drive Airbyte’s community strategy and make Octavia known worldwide across the data engineering industry. This role is crucial in driving key initiatives towards engaging communities of data engineers across the world, and in expanding Airbyte’s brand. We’re seeking someone with strong written and verbal communication skills who is passionate about keeping communities vibrant and inclusive, and being an advocate for users.
What You'll Do
- Provide editorial coverage for new weekly features and connector releases on the website, community platforms and newsletter.
- Identify the best open-source and cloud users for advocacy initiatives, including Ask Me Anything (AMA), community calls, case studies, monthly MVP spotlight, etc.
- Lead the organization of the community and demo hour calls.
- Lead all social media strategy and execution, with the help of the Head of Developer Experience.
- Help build the community response framework to empower Airbyte employees to engage on Slack groups, Reddit, LinkedIn, YouTube and more platforms, and lead execution on all engagement.
- Lead the swag program towards the contributor community.
- Lead community engagement initiatives and coordinate in-person community events.
- Establish and track important community metrics.
- Optimize for the best community experience, from first experience to churning.
- Develop and implement internal and external community advocate programs to empower and incentivize top community contributors.
- Be the voice of the community in internal communications, sharing trends and feedback.
What You'll Need
- Minimum 2 years of experience leading a customer/user community.
- Self-starter -capable of maintaining constant motivation under little oversight, -with strong understanding of content management and community management best practices.
- Transparent communicator, both in verbal and written communications.
- Adept at developing positive relationships with all personality types, showing empathy and understanding with the goal of helping customers successfully through a variety of situations.
- Creative by nature;, facilitator of engaging, active and thriving online communities.
- Data enthusiast - able to provide examples of how you use data to measure success.
- Able to multitask and meet time-sensitive goals.
- You share our values.
Remote, but in US timezones.
- Fully remote flexible work environment - we don’t look at when you log in, log out or how much time you work. We look at your output and we trust you; it’s the only way remote can actually work.
- Unlimited vacation policy- we need you at your best at all times. Our expected minimum time off lets you schedule your work around your life.
- Co-working space - most of our team enjoyed the WFH life but if you prefer to work from a co-working space, we will cover the full monthly cost.
- Parental leave (for both parents) - so you have time to adjust to the new life (and work) schedule introduced by your new bundle of joy.
- Travel With Purpose - we are a fully distributed, 100% remote-friendly team, however, we recognize the value of in-person time. We will pay for round-trip flights, hotel, transportation, and food on weekdays for you to visit our headquarters in San Francisco, or other members of your team around the world.
- Open book policy - we will pay for books you purchase for your professional and career development.
- Continuous learning/training policy - we sponsor you for the conferences and training programs you feel would add to your development in the company.
- Competitive benefits package for US-based employees, including:
-Blue Shield or Kaiser Medical Insurance
-Dental & Vision Insurance
-Life and AD&D Insurance
-Long-term Disability Insurance to offer extra peace of mind, especially while we find ourselves in a global pandemic
-Healthcare insurance for those whose countries do not provide it for free.
-Mental Health Support for all team members provided via Spill.
-401k for US-based employees.
-Sponsored visas for employees in need of them.
Airbyte is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, familial status, domestic violence victim status, veteran or military status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Airbyte is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. Please let us know if you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability.