Lead Support Engineer, OSS
Airbyte is the open-source standard for EL(T). We enable data teams to replicate data from applications, APIs, and databases to data warehouses, lakes, and other destinations. We believe only an open-source approach can solve the problem of data integration, as it enables us to cover the long tail of integrations while enabling teams to adapt pre-built connectors to their needs.
Within just 18 months, we've built 150+ connectors and we've had 9,000+ companies syncing data with us. We've raised $181M from some of the world's top investors (Benchmark, Accel, Altimeter, Coatue, Y Combinator, etc.) and believe in product-led growth, where we build something awesome and let our product bring the users, rather than an outbound sales engine with cold calls.
Airbyte is remote friendly, with most of the team still based in Silicon Valley. We’re fully transparent as a company. Our company handbook, culture & values, strategy and roadmap are open to all.
The goal of the User Support Engineering (USE) Team is to set a new standard for support in open source software (OSS). Airbyte is community powered; together we are making OSS the standard for ETL.
A successful Lead Support Engineer will work closely with product, engineering leaders, and co-founders to build a first class support team. They will manage and grow the engineers on the team, creating a fun and motivational environment that attracts top talent. They will also define support KPIs and processes to meet them.
What You'll Do:
- Define KPIs and process for the USE team
- Manage 3+ engineers
- Work with recruiting to build processes and best practices to grow the team 3x in the next two quarters
- Build process to grow engineers on the team
- Communicate feedback from users to the Product and Engineering orgs
What You'll Need:
- 2+ years of support experience
- You have been manager or lead to a team of engineers or support engineers
- Proficiency writing scripts in Python (or similar scripting language)
- Desire to work remote
- Excellent communication skills
- A passion for continuous learning and improvement (both at a personal and team level)
- Belief in our values
- Fully remote flexible work environment - we don’t look at when you log in, log out or how much time you work. We look at your output and we trust you; it’s the only way remote can actually work.
- Unlimited vacation policy- we need you at your best at all times. Our expected minimum time off lets you schedule your work around your life.
- Co-working space - most of our team enjoyed the WFH life but if you prefer to work from a co-working space, we will cover the full monthly cost.
- Parental leave (for both parents) - so you have time to adjust to the new life (and work) schedule introduced by your new bundle of joy.
- Travel With Purpose - we are a fully distributed, 100% remote-friendly team, however, we recognize the value of in-person time. We will pay for round-trip flights, hotel, transportation, and food on weekdays for you to visit our headquarters in San Francisco, or other members of your team around the world.
- Open book policy - we will pay for books you purchase for your professional and career development.
- Continuous learning/training policy - we sponsor you for the conferences and training programs you feel would add to your development in the company.
- Competitive benefits package for US-based employees, including:
-Blue Shield or Kaiser Medical Insurance
-Dental & Vision Insurance
-Life and AD&D Insurance
-Long-term Disability Insurance to offer extra peace of mind, especially while we find ourselves in a global pandemic
-Healthcare insurance for those whose countries do not provide it for free.
-Mental Health Support for all team members provided via Spill.
-401k for US-based employees.
-Sponsored visas for employees in need of them.
Airbyte is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, familial status, domestic violence victim status, veteran or military status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Airbyte is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. Please let us know if you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability.