Head of Product Marketing
Airbyte is the open-source standard for EL(T). We enable data teams to replicate data from applications, APIs, and databases to data warehouses, lakes, and other destinations. We believe only an open-source approach can solve the problem of data integration, as it enables us to cover the long tail of integrations while enabling teams to adapt pre-built connectors to their needs.
Within just 18 months, we've built 150+ connectors and we've had 9,000+ companies syncing data with us. We've raised $181M from some of the world's top investors (Benchmark, Accel, Altimeter, Coatue, Y Combinator, etc.) and believe in product-led growth, where we build something awesome and let our product bring the users, rather than an outbound sales engine with cold calls.
Airbyte is remote friendly, with most of the team still based in Silicon Valley. We’re fully transparent as a company. Our company handbook, culture & values, strategy and roadmap are open to all.
As the head of product marketing, you will work closely with both co-founders, and will play a key role in planning and executing the product marketing strategy for Airbyte’s product-led growth motion. This person will create positioning & messaging for product launches, campaigns & programs; create content for digital media, websites, collateral, presentations & sales tools; create and deliver presentations at industry & analyst events and partner & customer briefings. This is a unique opportunity to build out the product marketing organization and grow it.
What You’ll Do:
- Help identify target markets, refine our ICP and user segments for Airbyte’s use cases and solutions.
- Develop and execute website enhancement projects and continuously optimize our site to support marketing campaigns and programs for Airbyte’s product-led growth motion.
- Develop messaging and positioning for Airbyte. Create positioning guides, messaging pillars, solution briefs and other enablement materials.
- Become an expert on our customers, industry and category trends and the players in the Data Integration space through detailed analysis of competitors and customer problems.
- Oversee product launches and releases, including the creation and completion of all material for internal and external use.
- Work hand in hand with our content strategist on our content strategy.
- Partner closely with sales leadership to create enablement materials. Build enablement discipline and key assets such as pitch decks, battlecards and discovery questionnaires.
- Build, train and nurture your team. Provide mentorship, management and support to your rapidly growing team of product marketers.
What You’ll Need:
- 5+ years of experience in B2B and dev tool product marketingObsessive about understanding our customers and their challenges.
- Collaborative and supportive while working.
- Able to prioritize ruthlessly. You possess the ability to work on multiple projects while focusing the right level of effort on each.
- Passionate about understanding and explaining your products, especially through the written word.
- Very strong with written communication (writing samples required).
- Skilled at editing. Able to make the original source clear and concise.
- You share our values
Remote but on US time zones.
- Fully remote flexible work environment - we don’t look at when you log in, log out or how much time you work. We look at your output and we trust you; it’s the only way remote can actually work.
- Unlimited vacation policy- we need you at your best at all times. Our expected minimum time off lets you schedule your work around your life.
- Co-working space - most of our team enjoyed the WFH life but if you prefer to work from a co-working space, we will cover the full monthly cost.
- Parental leave (for both parents) - so you have time to adjust to the new life (and work) schedule introduced by your new bundle of joy.
- Travel With Purpose - we are a fully distributed, 100% remote-friendly team, however, we recognize the value of in-person time. We will pay for round-trip flights, hotel, transportation, and food on weekdays for you to visit our headquarters in San Francisco, or other members of your team around the world.
- Open book policy - we will pay for books you purchase for your professional and career development.
- Continuous learning/training policy - we sponsor you for the conferences and training programs you feel would add to your development in the company.
- Competitive benefits package for US-based employees, including:
-Blue Shield or Kaiser Medical Insurance
-Dental & Vision Insurance
-Life and AD&D Insurance
-Long-term Disability Insurance to offer extra peace of mind, especially while we find ourselves in a global pandemic
-Healthcare insurance for those whose countries do not provide it for free.
-Mental Health Support for all team members provided via Spill.
-401k for US-based employees.
-Sponsored visas for employees in need of them.
Airbyte is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, familial status, domestic violence victim status, veteran or military status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Airbyte is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. Please let us know if you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability.