Database Reliability Engineer
Aircall is on a mission to revolutionize the business phone industry!
We exist to empower every professional to have richer conversations. We provide an entirely cloud-based voice solution, that integrates seamlessly with popular productivity and helpdesk tools that workplaces are already using. We have raised more than $100 Million since 2015, and we care about our growing base of 6000+ customers.
Behind our product are the amazing teams driving it, split between Paris, New York, Sydney, Madrid, and remote locations.
About the team:
Our vision this year is to leverage fully decoupled architectures and microservices at scale with a reliable, event-driven, auto-healing infrastructure behind the scenes.
Your Mission @Aircall:
- Our vision this year is to leverage fully decoupled architectures and microservices at scale with a reliable, event-driven, auto-healing infrastructure behind the scenes
- Work with all the Engineering teams to define the right datastores for the right jobs
- Be the expert when it comes to schema and query optimization
- Define and manage our DB schemas as code
- Standardize and automate:
- our DB backup and recovery processes
- the DB security policies and procedures
- “Everything fails all the time”, we want to embrace that thought and be prepared for when it arrives with performance testing and regular chaos engineering
- Think about graceful degradation
A little more about you:
- You are pragmatic, open-minded, autonomous, and efficient
- You have strong experience with the Amazon Web Services ecosystem+AWS DB
- You have strong experience with MySQL or PostgreSQL and NoSQL systems like DynamoDB
- You have experience with large scale, complex distributed systems
- You have basic to strong Go, Python, Typescript or Ruby development skills
We know that success comes from smart work and deserves to be recognized and rewarded
We value people who are bold, ambitious, collaborative and customer-centric. Even better, the ones who know how to work hard & have fun at the same time. We’re a tribe of highly driven people, with a great sense of human connection and a clear focus.
If you love a good challenge, enjoy solving meaningful problems, and want to be a part of one of the fastest-growing B2B startups, then Aircall is the company you are looking for!
Aircall offers a unique work environment and the chance to collaborate with diverse teammates across continents. We'll provide freedom and tools to allow you to thrive at your best, and foster an environment you can do it in.
Why join us?
🚀 Key moment to join Aircall in term of growth and opportunities
💆♀️ Our people matter, work-life balance is important at Aircall
📚 Fast-learning environment, entrepreneurial and strong team spirit
🌍 35+ Nationalities: cosmopolite & multi-cultural mindset
💶 Competitive salary package & benefits (health coverage, lunch, commute, sports)
At Aircall, we believe diversity, equity and inclusion, irrespective of origins, identity, background and orientations, are core to our Aircall journey.
We promote active inclusion to foster a strong sense of belonging which is one of our main strengths as a business. We strive to assemble diverse people that can enrich and learn from each other. We pledge to make sure everyone not only has a seat at the table but is valued at the table -- providing equal opportunities to develop and thrive.
We will constantly challenge ourselves to make sure that we live up to our ambitions around diversity, equity and inclusion, and keep this conversation open because we realize that we have work to do and much to learn.