Senior Backend Engineer
Engineering – 13001 - Engineering /
Aircall is a place where voices are valued.
Backed by over $220 million of investment since 2015, we create technology that fuels accessible, transparent and collaborative communication to empower our base of 14,000+ customers (and growing) to make authentic, human connections.
Conversation is a cornerstone of our culture. Wherever our people find themselves in the Aircall world – Paris, New York, Sydney, Madrid, London, Berlin, Tel Aviv, or at home – everyone has a voice that is valued.
Whatever your background, wherever you’re from – we want you to join the conversation. Let’s talk.
As a Senior Backend Engineer, you will be responsible for the design, development, deployment, and operation of business-critical features that add customer value.
Operational excellence, metrics, observability and best practices will be part of your day to day job.
Quality, excellence, and agility drive our delivery processes and you will help us level these up. Using a variety of back-end stacks, appropriate for each requirement, but always hosted on AWS, we build added value and resilient services on top of voice and fully integrate with our customers’ business critical tools (CRM, Helpdesk, E-Commerce, …)
We love taking care of our people, and for that reason we offer a very complete benefits package:
🏥 Private medical insurance for you and your family
🍔 9€/day meal allowance
💪 45€/month for Gym expenses
🏖️ 25 days off
👶 150€/month per kids < 10 years old
⏰ 8 to 3 schedule during summer and Fridays
📈 Stock options to be a part of Aircall’s success
Your mission at Aircall
- Participate in requirements analysis and development to build a backend for front-end (bff) framework plus other key functionalities (authentication).
- Design and organize large-scale distributed workflows
- Write libraries and frameworks to support contributions and collaborations between the teams
- Treat configuration and infrastructure at par with source code
- Participate in requirements analysis to help with providing the right technical and business solutions for our customers
- Have key responsibilities within the design, architecture, and end-to-end delivery of key modules
- Write clean scalable code and test and deploy applications and systems
- Revise, update, refactor, and debug code
- Be part of an engineering organization delivering high quality, secure, voice solutions to Aircall clients
- Involvement in product and platform performance optimization and live site monitoring
A little more about you
- Experience in large scale distributed architectures and associated patterns
- Great debugging, monitoring and traceability skills.
- Experience in software design, developing APIs, Services or SDKs
- You will have worked extensively with AWS in a production environment and understand how to design for, deploy on and get the best out of, the environment and services provided by Amazon
- You can talk easily and spontaneously about most of the offerings on AWS, when to use them, and how, and can explain to junior engineers
- Security is at the forefront of your mind in everything that you do
Aircall is constantly moving forward. We’re building new roads to complete our journey, and we’re taking people with us who have the same builder mentality.
Let’s grow together: Aircall is a place for those who dare to be bold and seek responsibility, excellence, and the opportunity to push themselves to new heights.
We’re creating a place where great people trust one another and thrive together.
People flourish at Aircall and now is the time to be part of the team and the journey we’re on.
Why join us?
🚀 Key moment to join Aircall in terms of growth and opportunities
💆♀️ Our people matter, work-life balance is important at Aircall
📚 Fast-learning environment, entrepreneurial and strong team spirit
🌍 45+ Nationalities: cosmopolite & multi-cultural mindset
💶 Competitive salary package & benefits
At Aircall, we believe diversity, equity and inclusion – irrespective of origins, identity, background and orientations – are core to our journey.
We pride ourselves on promoting active inclusion within our business to foster a strong sense of belonging for all. We’re working to create a place filled with diverse people who can enrich and learn from one another. We’re committed to ensuring that everyone not only has a seat at the table but is valued and respected at it by providing equal opportunities to develop and thrive.
We will constantly challenge ourselves to make sure that we live up to our ambitions around diversity, equity and inclusion, and keep this conversation open. Above all else, we understand and acknowledge that we have work to do and much to learn.
Want to know more about candidate privacy? Find our Candidate Privacy Notice here.