Business Development Representative / Outbound BDR
Sales & Partnerships – 12002 - BDR /
Aircall is a place where voices are valued.
Backed by over $220 million of investment since 2015, we create technology that fuels accessible, transparent and collaborative communication to empower our base of 18,000+ customers (and growing) to make authentic, human connections.
Conversation is a cornerstone of our culture. Wherever our people find themselves in the Aircall world – Paris, New York, Sydney, Madrid, London, Berlin, or at home – everyone has a voice that is valued.
Whatever your background, wherever you’re from – we want you to join the conversation. Let’s talk.
About the role:
As a Business Development Representative, you’ll be an integral part of our North America Sales team that works collaboratively with Account Executives as you build your career at Aircall through our Sales Career Track. It’s a fast-paced role and a perfect entryway into sales within the SaaS space. Learn the fundamentals of expanding Aircall's customer base by prospecting, qualifying potential customers, and, with success, moving into an outbound closing role.
Passion, drive, ambition, and commitment to the mission are all qualities our all-stars have— we win together! Our ideal candidate is excited by Aircall’s outstanding company trajectory and significant individual earning potential, including uncapped commission. We’re looking for a team-player who wants to learn and grow within the Revenue organization and build a career with us.
What you'll do:
- The Business Development Representative’s role is to uncover and create well-qualified new opportunities through cold calling, email outreach, networking, and utilizing our proven process and our extensive Salesforce database
- Create & execute outbound campaigns (emails, calls) to book demos/meetings with relevant leads
- Research and prospect ideal customers and gather key lead information through open-ended questions and thoughtful conversations
- Understand the business, needs, and the buying cycle of the leads, building and nurturing preliminary relationships
- Work closely with the Account Executives & the rest of the sales team to accelerate the sales cycle
- Represent Aircall with integrity and professionalism at all times in all written and oral communications while highlighting Aircall’s value proposition and key selling points to raise interest
- Use Salesforce and other best in practice tools for your daily activity and process
What you'll bring:
- Skilled communicator: you’re an extremely clear and direct communicator, take a consultative approach, and have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working in a customer-facing position, preferably in sales, waiting tables, bartending, retail, campus services, phone banking, or experience at a tech company or SaaS start/scale-up!
- A team spirit mindset with the desire to continuously grow and learn, you want to be #1, but you want your teammates to be #2, 3, 4, 5, and 6!
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, hyper-growth environment: you adapt to situations on the fly while remaining calm and even-keeled as you and we grow at lightning speed
- Leadership positions within campus organizations, philanthropy, or participated in team sports, a plus!
- Attention to detail, organizational skills, and superior time management skills: you can ruthlessly prioritize and juggle competing tasks and multiple deadlines
- Ability to be autonomous, take initiative, and truly own your own success. Our team is hard-working, resourceful, and confident… and not afraid of a challenge!
- A team spirit mindset with the desire to continuously grow and learn
- An enthusiastic and positive attitude! This might be the single most important point
$58,500 - $67,500 a year
The salary offered is not including bonuses/commission plans, and other benefits. BDRs can expect to see an additional $10,000-15,000 in commission per year, putting the OTE for this role at between $68,500-$82,500. The actual salary offer will carefully consider a wide range of factors, including your skills, qualifications, and experience.
Key traits we look for:
You are coachable, you are resilient, you are solution-oriented coming to the table with great ideas, and you find the fun in a good challenge!
We will invest in you, as you invest in us. We believe that owning your growth and owning your success starts with you, but it's up to us to help provide the platform for learning, growing, and building your career!
Aircall is constantly moving forward. We’re building new roads to complete our journey, and we’re taking people with us who have the same builder mentality.
Let’s grow together: Aircall is a place for those who dare to be bold and seek responsibility, excellence, and the opportunity to push themselves to new heights.
We’re creating a place where great people trust one another and thrive together.
People flourish at Aircall and now is the time to be part of the team and the journey we’re on.
Why join us?
🚀 Key moment to join Aircall in terms of growth and opportunities
💆♀️ Our people matter, work-life balance is important at Aircall
📚 Fast-learning environment, entrepreneurial and strong team spirit
🌍 45+ Nationalities: cosmopolite & multi-cultural mindset
💵 Competitive salary package & equity
🏨 Medical, dental, and vision insurance is 100% covered
📈 401k plan with company matching!
✈️ Unlimited PTO — take the time you need to come to work feeling great!
⭐️ Wellness, commuter, and childcare reimbursements
💚 Generous parental leave policy
At Aircall, we believe diversity, equity and inclusion – irrespective of origins, identity, background and orientations – are core to our journey.
We pride ourselves on promoting active inclusion within our business to foster a strong sense of belonging for all. We’re working to create a place filled with diverse people who can enrich and learn from one another. We’re committed to ensuring that everyone not only has a seat at the table but is valued and respected at it by providing equal opportunities to develop and thrive.
We will constantly challenge ourselves to make sure that we live up to our ambitions around diversity, equity and inclusion, and keep this conversation open. Above all else, we understand and acknowledge that we have work to do and much to learn.
Want to know more about candidate privacy? Find our Candidate Privacy Notice here.