Senior Software Engineer
AirDNA is looking for a driven, ambitious and capable Senior Software Engineer to support and expand our cloud-based analytics and recommendation platform. This includes developing and maintaining the systems that support our industry leading SaaS applications, high performance API platforms and data processing systems. We process trillions of data points, host terabyte-sized databases, and turn this all into valuable and easy to use products for our customers. The ideal candidate should have a passion for learning new tools and technology as we grow our architecture and technology stack.
Our tech stack and toolset includes Python, Flask, Postgres, Redis, Elasticsearch, Redshift, Spark, Airflow, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, and Google Cloud, CircleCI, Github, Sentry and more.
AirDNA is the world's leading provider of short-term rental data and analytics. By tracking the daily performance of over 10 million listings in 80,000 markets globally, AirDNA offers unmatched insights into the supply growth, booking demand, and revenue generated by short-term rentals.
Our customers include Airbnb hosts, vacation rental managers, hoteliers and hedge funds, who all use AirDNA data to explore the disruption and opportunities created by the rapidly expanding private accommodations sector.
Here's what you'll get to do
- Help to design and build out the next generation of our application platform
- Craft high performance APIs using Python+Flask
- Scale out microservice deployments on Kubernetes
- Build high performance data models in PostgreSQL
- Implement data and application integrations with key industry partners
- Maintain a high security and privacy conscious suite of services
Here's what you'll need to be successful:
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Strong experience with Python and Flask (or similar API framework)
- Passionate about building maintainable, extensible and secure software
- Experience developing data and analytics-focused SaaS applications
- Deep database knowledge, having worked specifically with Postgres, and also document stores, key/value databases, and columnar databases
- Experience with building stateless, horizontally-scalable systems
- Passionate about testing and test automation
- Demonstrated successful experience working in a hands-on, fast-paced, creative, entrepreneurial environment
- BS or MS in Computer Science/Engineering preferred
- Competitive cash compensation and benefits, the salary range for this position is $130,000 - $170,000
- Meaningful equity upside—we are a small team with no outside investors and want every hire to share in our long term financial success
- We have a great LoDo office space, a short walk from the Union Station light-rail stop; enjoy coffee, tea, beer, snacks, bike parking and great food and drink nearby
- RTD Commuter Benefits - My Ride card
- Free lunch in office daily
- 401K Option
- Dog friendly office
The AirDNA Team
We're a tight-knit group who care about empowering the next generation of shared economy entrepreneurs. Life is never boring here. We're risk takers. We care about each other and lend helping hands all day, every day.
At AirDNA, we believe that a diverse team is a key part of building a great company. If you want to work with us, we want to hear from you. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.