AirDNA is a Denver-based technology startup revolutionizing the vacation rental industry, with a big office in Barcelona. In less than seven years, AirDNA has established itself as the leading provider of data and analytics for the $140 billion dollar industry. Our customer roster includes a who’s who of investment banks, hotels, hedge funds, real estate investors, and vacation rental pros. We are bootstrapped, profitable, and ambitious.
We have one of the most impactful datasets to come about in recent years. The short term rental industry has seen staggering growth, capturing the attention of hosts, real estate investors, hedge funds, the largest hotel players and beyond.
The AirDNA Team
At AirDNA, we’re a team of data nerds on a mission to empower our customers to smartly grow their businesses. And we're looking for people with a broad range of experiences and perspectives, who are excited by our mission, values, and drive to change the short-term rental market. In short: Life is never boring here. And we genuinely live and breathe our company values: Happy, Hungry and Honest. People who are ready to exemplify these values are especially encouraged to apply. We invite you to apply even if you are unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. We carefully consider every application, not just those that check off all the boxes.
AirDNA is searching for a talented Technical Data Analyst to support our teams in Barcelona. You will be responsible for creating and maintaining pipelines/scripts for data exports and customer deliveries and internal processes, maintaining our Sales Tool and creating and analyzing custom datasets for our Public Relations, Customer Experience, and Sales teams.
We are looking for a hungry troubleshooter, with an analytical mindset and eagerness to get to the source of any problem. You need to be someone with an eye for trends and facility to identify anomalies in large datasets. You also care about customer happiness and know what questions to ask when given vague directions and understand what it means from a customer perspective a day of delay in getting a report. You enjoy being in contact and helping several teams across the organization.
Here's what you'll get to do:
- Maintain our internal programs and tools that generate our Enterprise Products.
- Analyze and troubleshoot any problems that may arise with the data and pipelines. Be the Data Expert in the office.
- Automate product deliveries and other processes.
- Assist our PR team pulling and QAing datasets that will be used by world leading journalists. Analyze our Tableau Dashboards to find trends in the short-term rental market.
- Work with our Sales and Customer Experience teams to set up new product deliveries and generate new reports. Assist our key clients with data ingestion and data deliveries.
- Help expand our coverage by adding new requested markets on demand to our online tool.
Here's what you'll need to be successful:
- 1+ years of experience working with SQL and Python (pandas, datetime, numpy, dictionaries, packages).
- Full proficiency in English both verbally and written.
- Experience with data visualization/BI tools such as Tableau.
- Good level of Excel (pivot table, vlookups, formatting, etc).
- Analyst mindset and an ability to identify automatable processes.
- Excellent communication skills, data driven, critical thinker and attention to detail.
- Understanding of what it means to work in a startup environment: self-starter, flexibility, ability to manage oneself effectively.
- Data driven, critical thinker and hungry to learn.
Nice to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Math, Engineering, CS, Statistics, Economics or another quantitative field.
- Github/Gitlab exposure.
- Having worked closely with Data Science, Data Engineering, Backend and/or Frontend teams or knowing what they are talking about.
- Familiarity with any of the following: PostgreSQL, PostGIS, Jira, Jupyter Notebooks and related toolsets.
- Experience in hospitality, tourism or short term reantal industry.
Here's what you can expect from us:
- Base Salary 30,000 euros
- 62 days per year to work from anywhere!
- 36 holidays per year
- Health insurance with Sanitas (Vision + Dental included)
- Continuing education stipend
- Cobee card available for public transport, daycare, restaurants and health insurance
- Individual growth plan to progress in the role
- A fun and sunny office with big terraces
- Talented international team and a vibrant work environment
- Bottom-up management: we listen to your ideas and implement them
- Team building events
- Dog friendly office!
- First stage: Interview with the People Team at AirDNA (Online-30min)
- Second stage: Technical exercise
- Third stage: Meet a Peer, chat with our Data Analysts (Onsite 40min)
- Final stage: Online meeting with the Hiring Manager (30min)
- Ideal start date: May
The AirDNA Team
We're a tight-knit group who care about empowering the next generation of shared economy entrepreneurs. Life is never boring here. We're risk takers. We care about each other and lend helping hands all day, every day.
At AirDNA, we believe that a diverse team is a key part of building a great company. If you want to work with us, we want to hear from you. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
AirDNA seeks to attract the best-qualified candidates who support the mission, vision and values of the company and those who respect and promote excellence through diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, physical or mental disability, marital, familial or parental status, genetic information, military status, veteran status or any other legally protected classification. The company complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment and prohibits unlawful harassment based on any of the aforementioned protected classes at every location in which the company operates. This applies to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment including but not limited to: hiring, assessments, probation, placement, benefits, promotion, demotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, training and development, social and recreational programs, education assistance and retirement.
We are committed to making our application process and workplace accessible for individuals with disabilities. Upon request, AirDNA will reasonably accommodate applicants so they can participate in the application process unless doing so would create an undue hardship to AirDNA or a threat to these individuals, others in the workplace or the company as a whole. To request accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow for 24 hours to process your request.
By applying for the above position, you will confirm that you have reviewed and agreed to our Data Privacy Notice for Applicants.