Pilot Plant Operator I
San Leandro, California
Ingredient & Technology Scale Up – Pilot Plant Operations /
We’re currently seeking a Pilot Plant Operator to join our extraordinary team.
Do you have a powerful drive for results?
Do you have experience handling hazardous chemicals and hydrogen gas?
Are you experienced in working in a GMP, pharmaceutical, and/or food and beverage environment?
Do you love creating a culture of safety on your teams?
If you answered yes to these questions, then WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU!
What we are looking for in you:
The Pilot Plant Operator will be responsible for ensuring that all operations tasks required for the pilot plant are performed safely and according to the relevant operating procedures. You will engage in various planned plant activities, including plant start up, equipment maintenance, and plant turnarounds. In this role, you will be a key member in the successful commissioning, operation, and improvement of the Air Protein pilot plant.
What you will be doing:
- Monitor equipment and instruments, including flow meters and control valves
- Take all actions to prevent accidents or injuries
- Manipulate the process using controls, and input devices to operate the manual and automatic equipment and instruments
- Take samples and perform tests to ensure the process and product meets specifications
- Respond to control equipment and processes in emergency situations and follow all instructions from supervisory staff
- Examine equipment daily and make entry to equipment log
- Write Safe Work Permits and perform LOTO when necessary
- Normal Shift Schedule (approximately in 3 months). Work 12 hour shift, working days and nights on a rotating schedule (i.e. 4 days on, and 4 days off). This role is eligible for overtime.
What you must have:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. or more
- Manufacturing plant experience preferred
- Experience handling hazardous chemicals and dangerous gasses
- GMP, pharmaceutical, and/or food and beverage environment preferred
What you should have:
- Basic computer skills
- Mechanical aptitude
- Troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work around loud noises and various temperatures both indoors and outdoors
- Ability to climb different types of ladders and work in small, tight areas of the plant
- Familiar and comfortable working around hazardous gasses and chemicals
- Familiar and comfortable wearing all levels of PPE
- Attention to detail
- Strong leadership in safety, demonstrated
- Ability to work as a team and also work independently
- Desire to comply with safety and quality regulations
Check us out in the media, news, and in the community:
$25.48 - $36.06 an hour
This is the pay range for this position that we reasonably expect to pay. Individual compensation is based on various factors, including experience, education, skillset, and geographic location. This range is for the Bay Area, California location, and may be adjusted to the labor market in other geographic areas.
#AirProtein #PilotPlantOperator #Biotech #Pharma #cGMP #GMP
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive Health Benefits, including ancillary benefits and HSA/FSA programs
- Unlimited PTO and Paid Holidays
- Parental Bonding Leave
- Retirement Plan with Company Match up to 4%
- Employee Equity
- Employee Development
- Stocked kitchen with snacks and drinks
- Weekly All-Hands Meetings
Air Protein is an equal opportunity employer:
At Air Protein, we are committed to providing equal opportunities. Because we want the absolute best people, we enthusiastically invite people of every race, color, orientation, age, gender, origin, and ability – or any other status protected by law – to apply to join our team.
Research has shown that women and people from marginalized groups may not apply for a role if they aren't a 100% match. Please don't hold back. If you think you will excel in this role, but perhaps you don’t tick every box, we'd appreciate the opportunity to consider your application.
About Air Protein:
Imagine a protein company unlike anything that has come before! Air Protein™ is on a mission to impact climate change by revolutionizing how we make protein. Founded in 2019, we make protein from elements of the air.
Air Protein is a modern food company, crafting the world’s first air-based protein to feed us more sustainably, help renew the planet’s resources and eliminate compromise between nutrition, taste and climate impact. Using novel technology inspired by NASA, we convert elements found in the air around us into protein using probiotic cultures, then turn those proteins into any meat imaginable. It’s where cutting-edge science meets bold ambition to reinvent the way we eat.
Join our team of passionate scientists, engineers, and business leaders working to transform the future of food with solutions we never thought possible, creating meat that is nutritious, delicious and more sustainable. Air Protein uses less land, less water and is significantly faster to make than any other meat available.
In addition to the chance to work with cutting edge technology to help combat climate change and working toward addressing the impending food crisis, Air Protein employees also enjoy competitive benefits and total compensation plans and a collaborative company culture. If you join us on this relentless pursuit for more, changing the world will soon feel as natural as taking a breath.
Air Protein is funded by ADM, a world leader in fermentation technology, GV (formerly Google Ventures), and Barclays, one of the world’s leading financial institutions.
World Economic Forum:Air Protein Named WEF Technology Pioneer