Senior IT Systems Engineer
Portland (Remote) /
Business Operations – IT /
As a Senior Systems Engineer, your role is to ensure the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of the in-house information systems that support core organizational functions. This is achieved by monitoring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all networked software and associated operating systems. As a Senior IT Systems Engineer, you will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues in order to maximize the benefit of IT systems investments. You will also lead and provide guidance to the Systems Engineer staff.
Strategy & Planning
● Collaborate with network staff & contractors to ensure smooth and reliable operation of software and systems for fulfilling business objectives and processes.
● Work with the Director of Corporate Services, decision makers, and stakeholders to define business requirements and systems goals, and to identify and resolve business systems issues.
Acquisition & Deployment
● Design and deploy new applications and enhancements to existing applications, software, and operating systems.
● Perform cost-benefit and return on investment analyses for proposed systems to aid management in making implementation decisions.
● Conduct research on software and systems products to justify recommendations and to support purchasing efforts.
● Interact and negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure system-related products and services.
● Gauge the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems; develop and implement strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
● Propose and create system design models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to staff and development teams.
● Design and perform server and security audits, system backup procedures, and other recovery processes in accordance with the company’s disaster recovery and business continuity strategies.
● Integrate cloud services, including database, e-mail, print, and backup servers and their associated software into enterprise systems.
● Ensure system connectivity of all cloud services, servers, shared software, groupware, and other applications. Create and maintain documentation as it relates to system configuration, mapping, processes, and service records.
● Ensure compatibility and interoperability of in-house computing systems. ● Coordinate and perform in-depth tests, including end-user reviews, for modified and new systems.
● Prepare or produce reports and documentation of department processes and other information for management.
● Monitor and test system performance; prepare and deliver system performance statistics and reports.
● Provide orientation and training to end users for all modified and new systems. ● Provide guidance and assign tasks to System Engineers
● Develop training plans to ensure the professional and technical development of staff members in order to stay abreast of changes and new developments in IT.
● Ability to develop and perform IT related training.
Knowledge & Experience
● Proven experience in overseeing the design, development, and implementation of software systems, applications, and related products.
● Proven experience with systems planning, security principles, and general software management best practices.
● Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
● Excellent understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
● Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
● JAMF expert with scripting experience preferred.
● Excellent project management skills.
● Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
● Ability to conduct research into systems issues and products as required.
● Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
● Highly self motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
● Proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities.
● Strong customer service orientation.
● Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
● The Ideal candidate would have a bachelor’s degree and 5-8 years of System Engineering experience (in SaaS Enterprise environment preferred), alternatively Associate degree and 10+ years related experience, or 12+ years related experience.
At the dawn of mobile apps, Airship powered the first commercial messages and then expanded its data-led approach to all re-engagement channels (mobile wallet, SMS, email), app UX experimentation and feature release management.
Now, with Airship App Experience Platform (AXP), brands can create and adapt native app experiences on their own — with no ongoing developer support or app updates required.
Having powered trillions of mobile app interactions for thousands of global brands, Airship is proud to be at the forefront of what has become the digital center of customer experience, loyalty and monetization — mobile app experience (MAX).
Airship Benefits Summary
Workplace Flexibility (Fully Remote Option) + WFH stipends + Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance (PPO/HSA Options) + Mental Health Benefits + Open PTO Policy (take the time you need) + 401(k) Retirement Plan w/a match + Stock Options + Professional Development Program ($1,750/year) + Mentorship Program + Employee Resource Groups + Culture Club + Supplemental Benefits (Life Insurance, Short/Long-Term Disability, Flexible Spending) + Parental Leave + Employee Assistance Program + Referral Bonus Program