Sydney, Australia /
Engineering – Team /
Our mission at Airtasker is to empower people to realise the full value of their skills. We create jobs and help people get more done all around the world. We are inspired every day by the people who make their livelihood on the Airtasker platform.
Airtasker is a global marketplace for local services. We’re building a platform that allows people to post jobs and allows taskers to earn a living through these jobs.
We’ve spent the last year on a journey of growth and transformation - planting our flag in the UK and Ireland and progressing on our vision for the local services economy. We are 4 million users strong, with over $300M of job opportunities created this year in Australia and overseas. We’re making huge strides and we need your help as we accelerate to our mission!
You’ll be joining a diverse team. We come from all around the world, from all walks of life. We celebrate speaking up, solving fascinating problems, taking ownership and constantly honing our craft. We look for people who believe that getting your fundamentals tight and adopting a ‘first principles’ approach is a good way to tackle a problem. We also believe that is important to be pragmatic in execution and work on projects with a ‘right fit’ mentality.
Our mission fuels how we work - you’d be part of an environment that truly values and welcomes your sense of inquisitiveness, ambition, and capacity to innovate. We’re small enough that your voice will be heard and big enough to deliver on these ideas at scale. We come together to meaningfully improve the lives of millions of people.
If you would like to be surrounded by people who are passionate about their craft and working towards a mission. If you would like to work in a data informed culture, you will enjoy the conversation with us and the people you meet through the process. We are excited to learn more about you!
What you'll do:
- Building new features for the platform, owning the development of your solutions and participating in code reviews
- Scoping future functionalities with the Product and UX teams
- Contributing to the engineering roadmap
- Managing multiple projects across the business simultaneously
- Share and learn best practises, latest technologies and programming languages
What it takes to be successful in the role:
- Yoda-like expertise in your language of choice, but technology agnostic in approach with a serious passion to learn new and emerging tech
- Experience working with APIs to achieve scale
- Experience with working cloud software such as AWS services
- Working knowledge of software testing methods and quality assurance
- Effective collaborator with both non-technical and technical team members
- Being firmly grounded in computer science and engineering fundamentals
On our wish list:
- Experience with Isomorphic applications
- Experimentation and data-driven approach to solving problems
- Contribute to the open source community
- Interest in the startup and technology community
What you'll love:
- Competitive salaries and equity options
- Visa, PR sponsorship and relocation support
- Learning and development budget to support your personal learning and development
- A culture of flexibility -- we know it’s important to have flexibility in your life
- Relax, recharge, unplug - our Friday ‘Ask Me Anything’ session’s are legendary and we have regular company wide social events (fancy a boat ride by the Opera House?)
- We provide support and resources to really bond with the people you are working closely - teams regularly go on fun offsites
- Dog friendly office - say hello to Harvey, Bruce, and Nico!