Global Events Senior Marketing Manager
UK - London /
Marketing – Demand Generation /
Airwallex is the leading financial technology platform for modern businesses growing beyond borders. With one of the world’s most powerful payments and banking infrastructure, our technology empowers businesses of all sizes to accept payments, move money globally, and simplify their financial operations, all in one single platform.
Established in 2015 in Melbourne, our purpose is to connect entrepreneurs, business builders, makers and creators with opportunities in every corner of the world. Today, Airwallex has a global footprint across Asia-Pacific, Europe, and North America.
Airwallex is a global payments fintech company transforming the way businesses move and manage money globally. We have built a global financial infrastructure platform to help businesses transact, collect and pay across 130+ countries and 50+ currencies, without the constraints of the traditional global financial system. We've grown to 19 global locations and have raised over US$900 million in funding. To support our ambitious growth plans, we’re looking for smart, collaborative and passionate people who are looking to make a genuine impact.
Reporting to the Global Head of Field & Partner Marketing, you will establish the Global Events function and deliver memorable and differentiated experiences for our customers. You place a high premium on creativity and originality, but are grounded in data and results. You will work closely with other global and regional teammates to develop a winning Events strategy that not only elevates the Airwallex brand, but also generates new business across all segments. You will join the Airwallex Marketing team during a critical period. Following rapid growth, we are building a team that enables both global consistency in process, tooling and methodology and local flexibility and speed in execution. This is a great opportunity to join that team and help shape the next phase of Airwallex’s growth.
- Partner closely with regional marketers to deliver compelling in-person and virtual events–from large industry sponsorships, to intimate first party gatherings, and everything in between.
- Define our global Events strategy and present fresh and differentiated concepts to raise awareness and familiarity.
- Develop standard global playbooks and templates, and put in place new mechanisms to support global consistency and efficiency.
- Focus on commercial outcomes and deliver programming that can educate and engage new leads and nurture existing users.
- Infuse data and insights into our Events programming–from developing a sound strategy, to delivering consistent post-event reporting.
- Stepchange our execution velocity by onboarding new vendors and improving our tooling and tech stack.
What you bring:
- 8+ years of experience in Events management, preferably at a high-growth technology company
- Experience managing both in-person and virtual events, including large trade-shows, CXO roundtables, workshops, etc.
- A track record of developing and editing insightful content for speakers at events
- Deep knowledge of tooling and technology and strong relationships with event vendors and agencies
- Innate intellectual curiosity to understand our customers’ problems inside-out and to know how our product can help
- Comfort working cross-functionally with stakeholders at varying levels of seniority
- An appreciation of the balance between global scale and local nuance
At Airwallex you’ll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. We want you to share in our success, which is why you’ll be offered a competitive salary plus valuable equity within Airwallex. We also like to ensure we create the best environment for our people by providing a collaborative open office space with a fully stocked kitchen. We organise regular team building events and we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Airwallex does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms/recruiters. Airwallex will not pay any fees to search firms/recruiters if a candidate is submitted by a search firm/recruiter unless an agreement has been entered into with respect to specific open position(s). Search firms/recruiters submitting resumes to Airwallex on an unsolicited basis shall be deemed to accept this condition, regardless of any other provision to the contrary.