AU - Sydney /
Engineering – Cards & Spend Management /
Airwallex is the leading financial technology platform for modern businesses growing beyond borders. With one of the world’s most powerful payments and banking infrastructure, our technology empowers businesses of all sizes to accept payments, move money globally, and simplify their financial operations, all in one single platform.
Established in 2015 in Melbourne, our purpose is to connect entrepreneurs, business builders, makers and creators with opportunities in every corner of the world. Today, Airwallex has a global footprint across Asia-Pacific, Europe, and North America.
Where to start? We have multiple products spanning b2b wallets, payment acceptance, credit card issuing, treasury management, FX and this list continues to expand. At Airwallex, we are growing rapidly and our engineers are encouraged to be nimble and have an appetite to want to work across multiple product verticals.
We have ambitious goals, cutting edge technology and multiple opportunities to come in and start delivering simple and effective engineering led solutions to our customers. Our tech stack (Kotlin, Kafka, Kubernetes and React) is built to be flexible, architecturally designed to be scalable and event driven at its core.
Day to day you will collaborate with your team mates on full stack development (including testing). Our release cycle is rapid and devops is also a fully integrated working practice. In addition you will have the opportunity to make a contribution to how we think about how we work. Our leaders welcome all Airwallex people to contribute to our IT road map and to constantly challenge the processes that help us build world class software.
Who you are:
- You are committed – You strive to produce, exceptional, risk free, fully tested solutions in all the platforms you build.
- You can think on your feet - with experience building platforms which resolve fast paced, ever changing success measures.
- You are team player– you enjoy working in a collaborative, innovative and customer first driven environment
- You are naturally curious– always asking why to better understand our customer needs
- You are a passionate problem solver – You love digging deep and brainstorming with colleagues in order to come up with the best solution for a problem
What you'll bring:
- Experience using Java, Kotlin, Spring / Spring Boot
- Designing and building REST APIs
- Familiar in a form of messaging system (ideally apache Kafka)
- Distributed data storage systems (Cassandra, Hazelcast, Oracle Coherence or similar)
- AWS (EC2, RDS, ELB, CloudFront, etc), Aliyun (similar stack) with docker and Kubernetes
If this sounds like something you would be keen to hear more about, hit apply.
Life at Airwallex:
💸We commit to industry-leading salaries and rewards
💲We share our business success through every employee receiving equity
💻 Two epic working spaces in the heart of Melbourne and Sydney
🥗On-site snacks, think fully stocked fridges, beers, ice-creams
💳 Your own Airwallex Virtual Card, with $1000 per year to spend on physical, lifestyle, health, or charitable donations
🧘Access to our mental wellness platform to provide personalised, private support, including coaching and EAP sessions
🎂 Enjoy a paid day off on your birthday to celebrate YOU
👪Generous parental leave, baby bonding leave, and pregnancy loss leaves
💵Paid community and volunteer leave
💸Generous Employee Referral Program rewards for referring top talent
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.