Operations Manager, North America
USA - San Francisco /
Operations – Compliance Operations /
Who we are:
Established in Melbourne in 2015, Airwallex is a global payments fintech transforming the way businesses move and manage money domestically and internationally. In today’s fast-changing digital era, our purpose is to empower businesses of all sizes to grow in their own markets and around the world, and by doing so, contribute to the global economy. With technology at our core, we built a proprietary global financial infrastructure platform to help businesses transact, collect and pay in any foreign currency across 130+ countries and 50+ currencies, without the constraints of the traditional global financial system. In just five years since we were founded, Airwallex has grown to become Australia’s fastest-growing fintech unicorn and a well-funded international technology leader backed by world-leading investors. Our leadership, innovation and scale have been recognised and awarded by leading independent authorities, such as listing in Forbes' Cloud 100 2020, and placing in the Top 50 of KPMG’s Global Fintech100 two years in a row. To support our ambitious growth plans, we’re looking to expand our global teams with smart, driven and passionate individuals who are excited about joining our rocketship and taking on the challenge of a lifetime.
Based in our San Francisco office, and reporting to the Global Head of Operations with a dotted line into the General Manager for North America, this newly created role will own the U.S. & Canada customer operations function to ensure that our current and future customers enjoy a delightful and seamless end-to-end experience with Airwallex. You will have oversight over several critical business functions, such as onboarding, payment operations, risk operations and customer support, and will help manage the day-to-day operationalization of our AML/CTF compliance policies.
As an early member of the Airwallex U.S. team, you will play a central role in laying the operational foundation to enable us to launch and scale our commercial efforts in the region. By localizing and optimizing existing processes and implementing new ones, your ultimate goal will be to ensure that all rules and regulations are followed while simultaneously delivering a superior end user experience.
- Recruit and nurture a multi-faceted, world class customer operations team
- Lead the regional customer support team and help to define key KPIs and build necessary reporting to improve the customer experience while improving efficiency
- Manage the daily operation and monitoring of our Financial Crimes Compliance procedures, including for KYC, transaction monitoring, and sanctions screening
- Collaborate with the regional Financial Crimes Compliance lead to operationalize emerging regulatory and compliance requirements
- Supervise payment and treasury related operations across the North American business
- A decisive, natural leader - Not only do you have strong leadership skills that enable you to influence and motivate those around you, but you are not afraid to call the shots in order to remove blockers and maintain momentum
- A team player - You are a natural in building relationships with internal and external stakeholders… but you enjoy working independently as much as you enjoy working with a team
- Relentlessly curious - Your analytical skills are second to none and the concept of deriving data-driven insights invigorates you
- Process driven - You enjoy creating, documenting, and following procedures and you never lose sight of the north star of optimal efficiency
- A master prioritizer - You leverage sound judgment to quickly assess all of the tasks at hand and expertly prioritize them
- 5+ years of relevant experience in one or more of the above disciplines (compliance operations, payment operations, customer support); fintech experience strongly preferred
- People leadership experience required; experience managing other people leads preferred
- Experience working in a high-growth and/or globally distributed startup strongly preferred