AU - Melbourne /
Product and Engineering – Product /
Permanent - Full Time
Who we are:
Airwallex is a technology company that revolutionises the way businesses operate globally. Our financial infrastructure provides a modern technology stack for businesses of all sizes to operate internationally, without the challenges of the current global financial system.
Businesses use Airwallex as their end to end global financial services platform. Whether it’s making or receiving payments from customers, domestically or internationally, Airwallex saves businesses time and money by offering real-time, reliable and cost effective financial solutions. Our web and API solutions support businesses of all sizes, from small companies to large enterprise.
In this fast-changing digital world that is increasingly becoming borderless, our mission is to empower businesses of all sizes to grow in their own markets and around the world, and by doing so, contribute to the global economy.
Founded in 2015, Airwallex has since grown to over 400 employees across ten offices around the world. Airwallex has raised over $360 million USD in venture capital funding, supported by top-tier investors including DST Global, Sequoia Capital, Tencent, Hillhouse, Horizons Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, ANZi Ventures and Mastercard. In March 2019, Airwallex was valued over $1 billion USD after its Series C financing, and became one of the fintech unicorns in APAC. The company was also named one of the world’s top 50 fintechs in KPMG’s 2019 and 2018 Fintech100 reports.
Why We Need You:
As a Product Manager at Airwallex, you will be the conduit between customer needs and business goals. You excel at writing and communicating product requirement to the appropriate teams to ensure timely execution. You will be there to advocate for the user when working alongside engineers and designers throughout the product development cycle.
From proactively gathering feedback from key stakeholders, to effectively prioritising the short term development queue you will be comfortable making tradeoffs and account level-of-effort vs impact and other trade-offs, informed by a solid understanding of engineering/design concepts and product development patterns
We’re looking for an experienced Product Manager with deep leadership experience who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves. As a rapidly growing startup, there is a lot to figure out and we need people who thrive in ambiguity and an environment of cohesive but rapid change.
Who You Are:
- You are detailed– with the ability to stay focused on what is important to users and the business
- You are collaborative – Working with Senior Management, Software Engineering, Marketing, Sales and Compliance on product development during the analysis phase to assess value, usability and feasibility
- You are technically minded – with the ability to work with the Development team to design product solutions that will drive a best-in-class digital experiences
- You are knowledgeable – Create user stories for new features or updates to existing features and owning knowledge of the product front-to-back to assist product managers in making clear decisions when required
- You are adaptable – you think on your feet and quickly make well-reasoned decisions with limited data
- You are a story teller – you excite peers and get everyone onboard with the product visions
What You Bring:
- 5+ years’ of Product Management experience
- Experience with product exploration and go to market proposition, product design, product planning and development
- Experience with taking a product from 0 to global scale is preferable
- Able to make decisions by considering both long term product vision and short term growth requirement
- Be able to work in a data driven cross functional team to move ideas to reality in a very short period of time
- Experience in a hyper growth startup environment is a plus
- Experience in financial product is a plus
At Airwallex we like to ensure we create the best environment for our people providing a collaborative open office space, PlayStation and table tennis to unwind, a fully stocked kitchen which includes breakfast, snacks, fruit, beers, you name it! We also organise regular team building events, encourage flexible/remote working and offer learning and development opportunities. Most importantly, we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.